Pharmacy degree Knowledge and experience in drug supplies management Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate information Good written and spoken Dari and English;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Essential • Experience in warehouse management • Experience in forecasting drug supply requirements Desirable • Previous experience of BHPS
Additional job responsibilities
Because of the nature of SCI’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions. However staff members are not expected to routinely exceed the working hours specified in their contract of employment.
Equal Opportunities The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud The post holder is required to comply with these key policies, and other organizational policies and procedures, at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
General support and Strengthening of SCI’s Drug Management System in Afghanistan
· Ensure quality selection of pharmaceutical, equipment, consumables and other medical supplies for the country program;
· Ensure consumption figures and stock balances are correct for all field sites;
· With Warehouse unit ensure that stock inventory is undertaken at least quarterly;
· Ensure authorization for international procurement /importation of medical supplies, guidelines on Quality Checks for the importation, getting the necessary exemptions;
· Responsible for sample checking and quality control measures;
· Ensure data of monthly consumption are analysed and feedback is provided to relevant staff;
· Prepare quarterly action plans and preparation of required drug related reports (including monthly consumption reports) and quarterly forecast;
· Any other duties as requested by the line manager.
Skills and Behaviours: SCI Values in Practice
· Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
§ Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
§ Other duties as directed.
(Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills, experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
Qualified candidates may send their Application, including a letter of interest and CV to Save the Children International Human Resources department House # 586 , Street 5, Qala-i-Fatullah, District 10, Kabul, Afghanistan, Or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate VA Number and Post Title on the email subject line when submitting their application, SCI will not consider any applications received without VA Number and Post Title (Pharmacy Manager Re, VA# 17-001) in the email subject line and after the closing date of the VA Save the Children International Provide an equal employment opportunity. Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted. To ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.