QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor degree in social science, Management or any other relevant field • Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position with an International NGO/Government including experience of working on the field implementation of education projects. • Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills. • Being able to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet applications. • Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s mission, vision, and values and cross cultural team approach. • Experience in implementation of reading programmes is an asset. Additional job responsibilities The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience. In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise. Equal Opportunities The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures. Health &Safety and Security The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures. Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud The post holder is required to comply with these key policies, and other organisational policies and procedures, at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the position holder
• Assist the Let’s Write for Afghan Children project team in terms of implementation of the project activities at provincial level.
• Support and assist the field staff as well as collect necessary feedback from beneficiaries and stakeholders.
• Follow up the implementation of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for all components of the project.
• Providing technical assistance in collecting data of potential families and schools for utilizing the reading corners.
• Assist the project officers in orientation of reading corner holders.
• Assist the project officers in reading day celebrations.
• Regularly monitor reading corners and report the issues to improve the function of reading corners.
• Provide administrative support in arranging meetings for (LWAC) project staff at provincial level.
• Update the filling system daily with incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Support the education officers in the implementation of the field work.
• Assist the project officer in keeping the records of relevant monthly and quarterly progress reports of the project.
• Assist in coordination process of the relevant activities of the project with SCI field offices.
• Carry out any other relevant task assigned by the project team. -
Skills and Behaviours: SCI Values in Practice
• Ensure that the position holder work to the best of his/her ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of role and the country programme are met.
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
• Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
Other duties as directed.
(Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills, experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
Qualified candidates may send their Application, including a letter of interest and CV to Save the Children International Human Resources department House # 586 , Street 5, Qala-i-Fatullah, District 10, Kabul, Afghanistan, Or to the email address: [email protected] Applicants should indicate VA Number and Post Title on the email subject line when submitting their application, SCI will not consider any applications received without VA Number and Post Title( Education Assistant Re, VA# 16-22) in the email subject line and after the closing date of the VA Save the Children International Provide an equal employment opportunity and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted. To ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.