Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) is an international group of agencies established in Europe, North America, South and Central Asia to complement the provision of emergency relief, principally in the developing world. It helps people in need reduce their dependence on humanitarian aid and facilitates their transition to sustainable self‐reliant, long‐term development. FOCUS is an affiliate of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The objectives of the proposed assignment:
- Integration of children and disabled into district level development planning
- To identify the challenges of children and people with disability face during before, during and after emergencies
- Sensitize the audience about the world practice of inclusion of children and people with disability, into DRR.
- To mainstream children and disabled in disaster preparedness by providing feasible recommendations on how and what to integrate the themes into FOCUS methodology and development planning of AKF and Government
- To conduct three trainings to the DDA representatives in three provinces of Baghlan, Takhar and Badakhshan provinces