Shah-Wa-Arus Multipurpose Project is one of the most suitable projects it is located on distance from Kabul city to the proposed dam site is about 20 km. Consequently, MEW awarded the contract for detail design and construction of the RCC dam and Multipurpose Project to the Joint Venture of Tablieh and ParhoonTarh companies (TPJV) via contract No MEW/945/ICB dated 8th May 2010 after conducting notification on 8th April 2010.
Dam Type: 77 m Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC)
The dam body has completed 53% for total concrete of 178,000m3, Remaining  concrete woks on dam body 47%