Female Saffron Extension Agent Expired
Female Saffron Extension Agent
|Title:||Female Saffron Extension Agent|
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-07-22-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F | About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||2 Years|
· Candidate applying for the position of Saffron Extension Agent must have university degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or Food Processing.
Specialization in ornamental/medicinal or post-harvest technology disciplines is desirable.
· Candidates applying for this position must have relevant technical knowledge and at least two years’ experience in horticulture/Post-harvest or Food Processing sector.
· Knowledge of local context is mandatory thus candidates from Herat Province are highly encouraged to apply.
· Have a good knowledge of communities and villages in Herat Province;
· Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
· Well organized, with the ability to properly record and store data;
· familiar with harvesting and processing of saffron;
· Committed and punctual, both in the office and in field activities;
· Team player, with the ability to work with limited direct supervision;
· Have a basic understanding of the English language.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Female Extension Agent will work under the direct supervision of Saffron Production, Processing and Marketing Officer and overall supervision of the Project Manager to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
· Assist the project officers in beneficiary selection process and conducting beneficiary surveys;
· Provide extension services to project beneficiaries on regular basis;
· Adopt and demonstrate the best practices in the harvest of saffron yields;
· Adopt and demonstrate the best post-harvest and processing practices;
· This will be done after the Extension Agent is trained by the project officer;
· Assist the project officers in the implementation and monitoring of activities related to saffron processing/drying;
· Conduct various technical field trainings for the saffron farmers on the proper harvesting and collection of saffron at district level and provide them technical advises on regular basis;
· Conduct various technical trainings for the saffron processors on the proper processing and packaging of saffron at district level and provide them technical advises on regular basis;
· Prepare and implement seasonal calendar of saffron harvesting and processing activities for the targeted beneficiaries;
· Collect required data from saffron traders on regular basis, enter the data into the excel spreadsheet and report to the project officers;
· Must be prepared to work and frequently travel to the project sites;
Undertake any other task assigned by Saffron Production, Processing and Marketing Officer and Project Manager.
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to email address given below.
Please Specify only VA number (CARD-F/HRT/46/16) in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only your CV and application letter letter
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Acting HR Manager
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Submission Email: [email protected]
Candidates from Herat province will be given preference: