Grapes and Pomegranates Processing Officer Expired
Grapes and Pomegranates Processing Officer
|Title:||Grapes and Pomegranates Processing Officer|
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-07-19-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F | About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||4 Years|
Bachelor degree from a recognized educational institution in Food Technology, specialization in fruits processing/ juice production would be given preference.
For Masters degree holders t least 3 years and for bachelor degree holders at least 4 years relevant experience in fruits processing, marketing and/ Food Technology.
Basic Computer Skills including familiarity with MS Office Programs;
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Grapes and Pomegranates Processing Officer will work under the overall supervision of Project Implementation Coordinator and direct supervision of Kandahar Provincial Manager. The Grapes and Pomegranates Processing Officer will follow CARD-F HR personnel policies and will abide by all of the appropriate CARD-F employee rules and regulations. The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· Ensure appropriate and timely implementation of activities related to fruits harvest, post-harvest handling, and storage and processing.
· Assist the Project Manager in selection of appropriate locations for construction of Kishmishkhanas, selection of already established fruits processing company or establishment of new company;
· Prepare calendar for the post-harvest activities/ processing carried out over the fruits from harvest to consumption;
· Liaise constantly with the selected processing company on issues such as establishment of the processing plant, procurement of machineries, training of staff and renovation of the building plant and its refurbishment;
· Provide technical enterprise development support to the fruits processing company in Kandahar Province;
· Provide technical assistance in developing an appropriate marketing strategy for the fruits processor;
· Provide technical assistance to the selected processor on product diversification and maximizing the income from the use of existing machineries;
· Work with the fruits processor for sourcing of required quantity and quality of fruits supplies from grape vine and pomegranates orchards owners ;
· Ensure the fruits supplied to the processing company gets properly checked and sorted for various purposes and properly recorded;
· Provide support to improve the marketing, business management and technical skills of the selected processor;
· Advise the selected processor on organization, operation and distribution of fruits through whole value chain ;
Any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager or Implementation Coordinator.
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by completing the CARD-F Employment Application Form plus your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to Email address given below
You can download the Employment Application Form from (http://cardf.gov.af/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=338 )
Please Specify only VA number (CARD-F/KDR/38/16) in the subject line of your Email
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of Employment Application Form, your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Acting HR Manager
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Candidates from Kandahar province will be given preference: