Grapes Production Officer Expired
Grapes Production Officer
|Title:||Grapes Production Officer|
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-07-19-(2 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F |About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||4 Years|
University degree in agriculture, especially horticulture major or any other related degree.
· For Masters At least 3 years and bachelor holders at least 4 years relevant experience in grape production, processing and canopy management with a strong background in conducting trainings and provision of extension services to farmers.
· Have experience in implementing Agriculture and Rural Development projects.
· Familiarity with conduct of production level analysis, market analysis, and grapes processing/ marketing is desirable.
· Basic Computer Skills including familiarity with MS Office Programs;
· Must be fluent in Pashto, Dari and English;
· Strong team orientation and staff development skills;
· Performance management and improvement skills;
· Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills;
· Have good knowledge of communities and villages in Kandahar Province.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Grape Production Officer will constantly liaise with Project Implementation Coordinator and CARD-F IU Director and is responsible for the training and technology transfer to the extension agents and the beneficiary farmers in order to increase the grape farmers’ incomes through a defined technology package for the grape vine production and collection.
The Officer will carry out the following services and develop and implement a mechanism for the delivery of an effective and sustainable extension service.
Assist and train farmers on best practices (i.e. trellising) of grape production to improve the quality and quantity of their grape yields;
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to email address given below.
Please Specify only VA number (CARD-F/KDR/40/16) in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only Application Form, Your CV and Cover letter
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Acting HR Manager
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Candidates from Kandahar province will be given preference:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.