IT Assistant Expired
|Category:||Military & Armed Forces|
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-06-03-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F |About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||3 Years|
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent educational background. Higher degree holders will be given preference.
· 3 years’ experience in managing network, archive system and online issue tracker application is required.
Excellent communication skills in English and local languages.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Information and Technology (IT) Assistant will work under the direct supervision of IT Manager and will constantly liaise and report to Corporate Services Director. The incumbent will be providing IT support to CARD-F staff.
Detailed responsibilities of the IT Assistant are as following:
· Configure and setup Cisco switches, routers, firewall, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances
· Responding to inquiries from Provincial staff to provide technical assistance and support
· Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
· Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
· Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
· Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
· Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
· Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
· Recommend changes to improve systems, network configurations to determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
· Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
· Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments are required to be made and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
· Make sure to monitor all network and PCs for all antivirus’s updates
· Installation and monitoring of networks (Network, shared printers, PCs, digital archive and Issue tracker online applications), ensuring the proper functioning and uninterrupted or maximum availability of the systems.
· Train people in computer system use.
· Configuration and administration of the Sophos including (user management, bandwidth management and deployment of accurate policy as per requirement)
· Any other duties as assigned by line manager
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by completing the CARD-F Employment Application Form plus your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to:
You can download the Employment Application Form from (http://cardf.gov.af/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=338 )
Please Specify only VA number (CARD-F/KBL/29/16) in the subject line of your Email
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of Employment Application Form, your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Senior Human Resources Officer
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.