Saffron laboratory technician (National/International) Expired
Saffron laboratory technician (National/International)
|Title:||Saffron laboratory technician (National/International)|
|Duration:||Initially for 2 weeks with possibility of extension|
|Exp.:||2016-07-08-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F |About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||5 Years|
· Master degree in Food technology/food analysis, Agriculture with training on lab technology or any other related field with Specialization in saffron laboratory. The expert must have clear hands on experience with saffron laboratories and related tests for at least 5 years.
· Experience about saffron production would also be a plus point.
· Minimum 5 years of proven experience in the region in food quality control/saffron laboratory tests and laboratory installations.
· Must be fluent in English/local languages. Understanding of Afghanistan local languages is also desirable but not a requirement.
· Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to think strategically, as well as excellent innovation, lateral thinking and problems solving skills; and
· Have proven experience using MS Office packages
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
Saffron EDP in Herat province is designed to create sustainable jobs and income opportunities in Herat province. Saffron EDP will be working in the entire saffron value chain project and it will be implemented by the CARD-F Implementation Unit. The laboratory which is planned to be established in Directorate of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (DAIL) Herat will provide the technical support for quality improvement and certification. CARD-F is therefore looking for a saffron laboratory technician to perform the following:
· Prepare and share his/her work plan with CARD-F within the 1st two days of appointment;
· Assess the current lab equipment for their functionality, and prepare a list of all the equipment that are missing for the establishment of comprehensive saffron laboratory that can diagnose the chemical and biological properties of saffron.
· Install and operate the mentioned laboratory equipment.
· Refurbish/repair and operationalize all the nonfunctional laboratories.
· Recommend a list of reliable suppliers for the purchase and installation of the new equipment.
· Provide on job training to 12 employees of DAIL and private sector involved in saffron for conducting some basic and important chemical and biological tests on saffron.
· Able to travel frequently to the lab site; and
Any other task assigned by the Senior Advisor to Minister/Implementation coordinator or Implementation Unit Director.
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Preferably, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to Email address given below.
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Acting HR Manager
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.