BPHS Technical Manager Expired
BPHS Technical Manager
|Title:||BPHS Technical Manager|
|Exp.:||2018-08-17-(2 Days Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children |About Save the Children|
|Education:||• Being a medical doctor and graduated from recognized medical faculty|
|Work Experience:||at least 4 of relevant HR/Admin Experience Years|
· Being a medical doctor and graduated from recognized medical faculty
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package especially Excel Outlook PowerPoint and Word
· Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto both written and spoken
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Supervisory team worker analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Experience of planning reporting and budgeting
· Honest proactive and well mannered
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Has the minimum managerial experience requirement (at least three years full time experience in managing of provincial health projects/Technical health positions)-after graduation from university
· Received the required training (RH EPI TB Nutrition IMCI and HMIS)
· BPHS and EPHS experience will be an additional asset
· Familiarity with geographical context
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced stressful environment
· Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCI/AYSO environment
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health & Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organisational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
BPHS Technical Manager will provide technical leadership to the BPHS project team in the Daikundi province and is responsible for the management and implementation of the BPHS project under the direct supervision of Project Director. The Technical Manager will conduct visit to all BPHS health facilities on the regular basis and meet with respective district health authority facility based Shuras and staff to make sure that all project activities are implemented in accordance with the project objectives donor and organization policies and procedures.
· Provide strategic leadership and guidance in development implementation monitoring and evaluation of programs of a high quality that contribute to Save the Children national and global objectives and ensure that children inform program design and derive maximum benefit from all activities.
· Ensure that systems and procedures are adopted and implemented that satisfy Save the Children and donor compliance requirements including timely reporting and that Save the Children programs are managed within overall program frameworks are transparent and accountable to children and other stakeholders.
· Build mentor coach and maintain high performing teams and contribute to and share responsibility for the overall management and development of Save the Children Program. Strengthen the roles of the Provincial Senior Management Team.
· Identify any role overlaps or areas needing to be broadened within individual Job responsibly of provincial office staff and inform HR and the head of operations accordingly. Identify competence gaps in the district teams and recommend actions.
· Managing provincial level of program budget (including budget preparation monitoring re-phasing and revising) in accordance with prevailing Save the Children and donor compliance requirement.
· Ensure that planning monitoring and reporting processes are undertaken in a logical integrated and participatory manner especially through participation of children and presented as high quality documents.
· Ensure that the provincial plans are comprehensive by supporting staff and partners in choosing the best possible alternatives to realize changes for children.
· Ensure that regular reviews of projects are done and that there is value for money the implementation methodologies are cost effective and in line with Save the Children programming approaches.
· Ensure that the program utilizes a live and relevant emergency preparedness and response plan for preparing for and responding to emergencies in the province either in the region.
· Work on development and strengthening of strategic partnerships in the province.
· Position Save the Children in the province as per organizational priorities and program focus and represent Save the Children to local authorities donors and members of the humanitarian community.
· Responsible for the security in the province ensure optimal security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the security situation adapting staff safety procedures accordingly.
· Maintain regular and clear communication with the Save the Children country office.
Competence development/training tasks
· To assist the BPHS project team in appropriate assessment allocation of training sessions curriculum development and implementation of the trainings.
Tasks of inter organizational relation
· To arrange meetings with project staff to solve upcoming problems in the field.
· To participate in workshops seminars & conference organized by the SCI/AYSO management.
· Promotes good coordination with other SCI/AYSO projects.
Tasks of relation with external agencies
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities UN agencies NGOs and other stakeholders.
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the local and provincial authorities UN agencies.
· Collaborate with Provincial Health Directorate and other locally active agencies to co-ordinate the health activities in the Province through PHCC meetings.
· Participate in coordination meeting with UN NGOs and government NGOs and Other stakeholders.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others.
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners.
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency.
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified candidates may send their Application including