Child Protection Officer Expired
Child Protection Officer
|Title:||Child Protection Officer|
|Exp.:||2018-10-17-(4 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||• Graduated from Education University or any relevant institute.|
|Work Experience:||At least 3 related working experience Years|
University degree in development studies social science or any other relevant technical credential
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
§ Knowledge of child rights child protection and child participation
§ More than 2 years experience in work focusing on children’s rights and protection issues.
§ Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions and communities.
§ Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English and local languages people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
§ Computer proficiency especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office)
§ Experience of translating materials from English to Dari and Pashtu
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process which includes rigorous background checks reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
The main areas of accountability and responsibility of this post is to implement Holistic Community Based Child Protection System Strenghtening Project in 4 districts of Nanagarhar province.
1. Provide practical technical follow up and monitoring to all training and workshops conducted to ensure the sustainability and impacts of the activities.
2. Assist in translation of key training curricula which currently in English into Dari and Pashtu (e.g. child rights social work coaching and )
3. Adapt and develop child friendly tools and training materials suitable for local context in key skill areas relating to child rights protection and participation and support for child led organizations and networks.
4. Support partner staff in establishment of CCCs and CFSs and also provide technical support to center facilitators.
5. Develop new training modules and manuals on child rights issues social work and community work skills.
6. Ensure training for all Save the children staff and partners on Child Protection and child safeguarding policy is implemented.
7. Compile and generate the training reports conducted in provinces.
8. Support the development of partnerships between adults and children enabling girls and boys participation in governance structures (e.g. shura CPAN and Save the children program and policy developments).
9. Work closely with the Save the children program teams including other sectors to develop applicable materials on child rights child protection participation health education environmental protection etc.
10. Organize study visits and/or exposure visits (in collaboration with Partner staff CPC PMs and Child Protection Manager) in key skill areas for adults and/or children in case of possibility in terms of security situation.
11. Document and evaluate experiences and lessons learnt for purposes of institutional learning
12. Work closely with the Save the children program teams to inform policy developments on child rights protection and participation.
13. Monitor and supervise partner CP Officers and Social Workers
14. Monitor and support training efforts undertaken by partners
15. Support guidance to partner CP officers and Social Workers in supervising children’s groups facilitators and child facilitators
16. Review training needs for all project areas
17. Supervise and guide CFS and CCCs facilitators
18. Promote and comply with the Save the Children’s policy and practice requirements with respect to health and safety child protection equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning
§ Ensure that all projects are equipped with MEAL systems like quality benchmarks billboards posters to exhibit MEAL messages for activities
§ Ensure action plans from quality monitoring and accountability systems are generated and implemented in timely manner collaboration with MEAL team
§ Contribute to generation of lessons through finalizing issues for Operations Research and participating in lessons learnt workshops and provide report.
§ Ensure that projects are reported against the M&E Plan
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
§ holds self accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
§ holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
§ sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
§ widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others
§ future orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
§ builds and maintains effective relationships with their team colleagues Members and external partners and supporters
§ values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
§ approachable good listener easy to talk to.
§ develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
§ willing to take disciplined risks.
§ honest encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualified candidates may send their Application including