|Duration:||One year extendable|
|Exp.:||2018-10-27-(1 Week From now)|
|Organization:||FHI360/GOLDOZI |About FHI360/GOLDOZI|
|Education:||University degree in English journalism communications or related field.|
|Work Experience:||At least five to eight of experience on a co Years|
. University degree in English journalism communications or related field.
· At least five to eight years of experience on a communications team.
· Familiar with and preferably involved in creating gender-sensitive communications plans and strategy development for donor-funded projects USAID experience highly desirable.
· Ability to translate technical material from English into Pashto and Dari into information products that are accessible and readable to a broader audience through various channels.
· Ability to work in a team and think strategically and critically about the role of information in achieving Project objectives.
· Ability to solve problems and manage a variety of activities with multiple deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal and client relations skills.
· Excellent verbal written presentation and editing skills in English Dari and Pashtu.
· Experienced with electronic media.
· Strong planning organizing coordinating problem solving and liaising skills.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and on a team.
· Excellent computer skills such as Microsoft Office CorelDraw and Photoshop.
Previous communications experience in Project-related thematic areas knowledge of Afghan embroidered products a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
Goldozi (Dari for embroidery) is a four-year USAID-funded project implemented by FHI 360 that will upgrade the skills of and access-to-market information for 500 sales agents (SAs) and enhance the technical skills of 15 000 women embroiderers (WEs) in and around Kabul. The goal is to create jobs and/or enhance existing jobs by increasing the commercial potential of Hand-Embroidered Products (HEP). Goldozi aims to address the following over the life of the Project:
· Create a class of trained and certified SAs who are equipped with market‑readiness skills and access-to-market insights; connect them to embroiderers and other actors along the value chain – from input suppliers to retail and export markets; and build and promote a strong brand that advertises the authenticity and ethical production of Afghan embroidered products.
· Build the capacity of SAs in (1) basic business and financial management (2) sales strategies (3) market intelligence and access to markets and (4) leadership and networking and technical skills of WEs to improve quality and productivity levels.
· Establish a brand market brand identities for Goldozi-supported embroidery products and foster strategic market linkages to support trade promotion and increased market access of Afghan Hand-Embroidered Products (HEP).
· Strengthen the viability of jobs for both SAs and WEs in the HEP value chain.
· Collaborate with private and public-sector stakeholders the NGO community and supporting institutions to promote jobs creation in the HEP value chain over the life of the Project and maintain sustainable partnerships after the Project ends.
II. JOB SUMMARY
The Communications Specialist reports directly to the Chief of Party (COP). He/she will develop a communication strategy that outlines activities that support both the internal Goldozi team (i.e. Monitoring and Evaluation Marketing and Learning) and external stakeholders and partners (i.e. the Goldozi Partnership Network [GPN]) and other types of strategic stakeholder engagement). He/she will play a key role in developing both internal and external information promotional products and outreach materials and webinars in Dari and Pashto for various audiences. He/she will help to produce the Project’s required quarterly and annual reports in addition to ad-hoc Project reports as needed. He/she will create high quality presentations; develop case studies success stories and fact sheets; and play a lead role in the design of Project communications for web and social media platforms.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
· Draft communication strategies and action plans for events organized under the Goldozi project..
· Ensure compliance with USAID regulations on branding and marking of all Project activities and communication materials while working with the Goldozi Partnership Network (GPN) as well as maintain quality control and consistency of communications outputs in compliance with USAID’s branding and marking guidelines.
· Liaise closely with the GPN and other key players to ensure a coherent approach to media publicity and advocacy of Goldozi activities; and provide guidance in the development of the GPNs’ communication plans.
· Develop and manage relationships with print and broadcast media local and national; and ensure wide and positive coverage of activities of the Project.
· With the support of the Marketing Specialist create communications products for US government audiences about the Goldozi Project (e.g. Project documentaries success stories etc.)
· Develop a media engagement plan for various Project interventions with the aim of reaching target audiences to make them aware of the objectives activities and accomplishments of the Project which encourage wider society to support women’s economic empowerment.
· Draft/write stories prepare media coverage and pictorial reports (i.e. newspaper clippings video and television clippings radio recordings etc.).
· Working with the Marketing Specialist conceptualize design and develop Project-related communications material.
· Collaborate with and support Project staff in information sharing identifying and generating regular stories and identifying communication opportunities to illustrate Goldozi’s development programs.
· Monitor log and share print and electronic media that mentions the Goldozi project and other topics of interest to the FHI 360 Bangkok regional and Washington DC offices.
· Create and maintain accurate records for all media and public awareness activities including scanning and filing electronic and paper copies of public awareness materials (publications press releases photographs and other documents).
· Periodically deliver media/communications updates to Goldozi staff and points of contact within the GPN.
· Ensure that no communications products from the Project are released or disseminated without the consent of the COP and ensure quality control and consistency of communications outputs in compliance with USAID branding and marking guidelines.
· Conceptualize and support the development and production of Project-related webinars and documentaries.
· Proactively pitch story ideas on a local and national level seeking out additional media opportunities.
· Utilize internet websites (i.e. YouTube blogs USAID and FHI 360 websites) newsletters print and broadcast media and other communication channels (e.g. video documentation) to disseminate informative on Project outputs and impacts.
· Produce publicity materials guidelines and talking points and disseminate to appropriate audiences.
· Develop case studies and press releases success stories and other relevant communication products.
· Make and maintain pro-active contact and working relationships with journalists and relevant stakeholders from print and broadcast media networks at both local and national levels.
· Ensure branding and marking guidelines are followed while packaging quarterly and annual reports and other key documents.
· Ensure all promotional products meet minimum standards of quality.
· Participate in weekly monthly or quarterly coordination meetings for reporting purposes.
· Take charge of photography at Goldozi events workshop etc.
· Develop and maintain an archive for the Project-related photographs and videos etc.
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the COP or DCOP.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Copy and paste the below link into your browser and apply online: