Community Inclusion Officer Expired
Community Inclusion Officer
|Title:||Community Inclusion Officer|
|Duration:||1 year with possibility of extension (3 months probationary period|
|Exp.:||2016-03-15-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CTG/UN-Habitat (AUPP) | About CTG/UN-Habitat (AUPP)|
|Work Experience:||0 Years|
At least a Bachelors degree in social sciences, business studies, urban planning, housing/ architecture, or related field. A high-school completion qualification in combination with three additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
At least three years of experience with (i) community-led development programming in Afghanistan (ii) social mobilization of communities, (iii) and familiarity with the UN system in Afghanistan.
Fluency in spoken and written English, and Dari (and/or Pashto) required.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Programme delivery, reporting and visibility
· Support the monthly, quarterly and annual provincial workplanning in line with national workplans and overall programme workplan;
·Support field activities and ensure their quality and timely progress and completion in line with agreed workplans.
·Support results-based monitoring and evaluation of programme delivery for the entire programme duration;
·Identify and clarify conceptual, implementation and policy issues which may arise during the course of project implementation.
· Support internal and external reporting;
· Ensure adherence to all financial rules and regulations and all adminstrative and financial procedures for all programme activties;
· Support progrmame staff to safely implement activities and foster and environment of continuous learning;
· Support adequate programme visibility at the local level in line with donor requirements and the preferences and needs of the Government of Afghanistan;
2) Support the local UN-Habitat office to provide timely and effective development assistance to government of Afghanistan and programme partners
·Build effective partnerships with programme partners and local non-government stakeholders;
·Identify and support synergies and cross fertilization of programmes to best support the local authorities, UN, and partners;
·Support with identifying new programme and project opportunities and technical assistance needs, including identifying potential resources in line with priorities of the GoIRA;
·Support in the systematic mainstreaming of cross cutting issues of gender, youth, climate change and human rights in both programme activities and the locla UN-Habitat office.
Programme specific responsibilities
·Take the day-to-day lead in building and maintaining support for the programme from communities and community development councils to ensure activities can be implemented in target areas;
·Promote community and gozar level capacity development and safety action planning and its effective implementaiton at local levels, and promote the engagement of relevant Local Authorties, Line Departments, and other relevant local partners in its implementation;
·Ensure the successful implementation of capacity development activities with communities and community development councils for inclusion of women, youth and other marginalized groups;
Ensure synergies with other related programmes, especially the UN-Habitat Municipal Governance Support Programme
Timely delivery of programme activities within geographic and technical area of responsibility
2. Achievement of capacity development objectives with local non-government partners (mainly CDCs and GAs)
3. Responsible for accurate, timely and evidenced-based reporting of activities and outputs
| Submission guidelines:|
Interested Applicants must submit their Cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the Province name and vacancy number indicating on the subject of their emails.
Closing Date for this position is 15th March 2016. CVs receiving after the closing date and/ or without Province name and vacancy number will not be accepted