Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
Minimum of 4 of relevant experience in In Years
1. Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Auditing or related field is required 2. Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Internal/External Auditing and/or internal control evaluations, financial management and/or procurement with similar international, donor-funded programs 3. Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred 4. Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office 5. Knowledge of reporting and record-keeping 6. Excellent language proficiency in English and Dari or Pashto
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional travel to the program areas of operation in the North, South, and West regions as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
JOB SUMMARY: The Compliance Officer will provide assistance in ensuring that SWIM complies with the relevant donor and USAID policies, procedures, rules and regulations. He/she will assist in internal reviews, monitor sub-grantees and subcontractors and assist in identifying and mitigating risks. The Compliance Officer will assist in the establishment, monitoring, and promotion of effective system-wide programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the rules and regulations governing the SWIM contract.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in ensuring compliance with regulations, USAID policies, and USAID/Afghanistan Mission Orders and Implementing Partners Notices.
2. Assist in establishing standards and procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the project are effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations.
3. Review accounting files to ensure reconciliation between the accounting system and the bank statements.
4. Ensure that all receipts and invoices are originals, and are properly filed according to transaction dates.
5. Assist in ensuring proper accounting procedures and documentation are in place to control petty cash.
6. Ensure that transactions are coded correctly and entered into the electronic accounting file in a timely manner.
7. Ensure that pending accounts receivables have been collected and that payables have been paid in a timely manner.
8. Assist in the implementation of recommendations as a result of internal reviews and audits.
9. Assist in identifying serious or potential areas of financial compliance risk/problems and make recommendations on action plans to address those issues.
10. Proactively examine and review transaction data for suspicious activity and possible fraud.
11. Verify required documentation and assist Compliance Specialist with questions or issues regarding potentially fraudulent activities.
12. Utilize various tools to gather, analyze, and interpret data from several sources: vendors, businesses and government authorities, publicly available information etc.
13. Provide suggestions on effective ways to prevent fraudulent activities.
14. Meet with and make phone calls to vendors in an effort to verify prices.
15. Meet with beneficiaries and partners in an effort to verify assistance provided.
16. Conduct market research to establish a data base for goods and services with specific information.
17. Conduct site visits to attend various events.
18. Prepare reports as required.
19. Perform any other job-related tasks assigned by the supervisor as/when required.
Please note, while sending your C.Vs & Cover letter, mention the position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be taken in consideration. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview .