Construction Engineer Expired
|Exp.:||2018-06-19-(3 Days Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children |About Save the Children|
|Education:||Bachelor in Civil Engineering|
|Work Experience:||At least 3 related working experience Years|
State what qualifications are required and at what level; you can also state any desired qualifications which should be taken into consideration when shortlisting or evaluating the job
University degree in engineering or related discipline
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Communication/writing skills
• Computer literate
• English proficiency
• Ability to control quality of construction projects
• Ability to estimate/design variant types of projects
• Familiar with construction tools and machines
• Able to spend the long periods of time in impact area
· Develop reivew adapt contextualized educational materials
· Eexperice working with communites/field
(Define the experience and skills required to fulfil the accountabilities these are listed in two categories such as ‘essential’ and ‘desirable’)
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process which includes rigorous background checks reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY : (6-8 over-arching statements each with supporting comments as bullet points These should be specific things that the individual will be expected to do)
This section should contain the end results required for the role. They should identify what the Post holder do and why but NOT how.
Lead SIP/classroom upgrading needs assessment in government and CBE schools supported by STAGES
· Confirm the improvement project is complete according to the proposed standards and designs.
Prepare weekly and monthly progress report from STAGES projects quarterly plan. And submit to the line manager.
· Any other task assigned by the line supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others
· future orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships with their team colleagues Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualified candidates may send their Application including