Primary school graduate and high school will be desirable
At least 1 year of experience in related field Years
Specific Job Functions:
• In charge of food procurement as required for daily operations that include preparing lunch tea etc.
• Review production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities
• Seasons and prepares a wide variety of foods such as vegetables fruits meats soups salads cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes
• Slices grinds and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods tests foods being cooked for quality
• Carves and displays meats vegetables fruits and salads replenishes service lines as necessary
• Maintains clean work areas utensils and equipment
• Caters special events as required
• Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies
• Detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food defective supplies/equipment and or other unusual conditions.
• Maintain accurate records for food supplies and freezer/fridge temperatures
• Determines food needs and quantities base upon daily usage
• Maintains standards of Sanitation kitchen hygiene and food services techniques and safety
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Clean of all rooms around the office.
• Clean floors/carpets surface and fixtures in assigned facilities to prescribed standards and keeping with assigned schedules.
• Maintain the order and cleanliness of cleaning supply closets and cabinets.
• Request cleaning supplies and equipment as needed in a timely manner.
• Maintain cleaning equipment and materials in good and clean condition.
• Clean bathrooms on a daily basis.
• Ensure that Heaters and gassers or Boilers function during winter season.
• Empty wastebaskets daily Prepare for scheduled trash pick-up.
• Sweep walkways external stairs and outside at least once a day.
• Clean windows refrigerators fans air-conditioners lighting fixtures as needed or scheduled.
• Wash carpets as needed or requested.
• Provide emergency or spot-cleaning assistance as needed or requested.
• Maintain back –up supplies of water as needed.
• Help to prepare rooms for meetings and other activities as needed or requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Primary school graduate and high school will be desirable
• At least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Ability to read and write
• Organizing and coordinating skills
• Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies
• Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods techniques and quality standards
• Ability to accept receipt of good and supplies
Duties & Responsibilities
Blumont is seeking candidate for the position of Cook/Cleaner for meal preparations procuring ingredients and all aspects of kitchen maintenance.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.