• University degree (preferred) • 2-3 years’ experience working with NGOs • Advance knowledge of and proven capacity for word processing spreadsheets data entry and analysis packages and databases including MS Office Access Word Excel and Outlook • Excellent written and spoken Dari • Advanced professional proficiency in English (written and spoken) • Willingness to travel frequently to Ghor districts • Proven experience in participatory research methodologies preferred • Excellent skills for communication with team members and community relations • Highly organized and detail oriented
Personal Skills: • Excellent familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access • Strong written English skills (many forms need to be translated) • Strong typing skills • Experience with data entry • High attention to detail • Willingness to learn • Ability to work independently and within a team of national and international staff • Positive attitude and willingness to always learn • Familiarity with local communities and cultures • Female candidates are encouraged to apply Required/Desired Foreign Language: • Excellent Dari skills – reading/writing and spoken English and Pashto preferred Key Relationships: Internal: M&E Officer Senior Project Officer Education Program Manager Local Teacher Trainers/Community Mobilizers Cluster Support Officer
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission values and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. • Trusting Relationships • Professional Growth • Partnership • Accountability Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill effort duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this short term assignment is to aid the M&E Officer by entering data into the relevant databases from the CRS/Ghor office according to the forms submitted by CRS staff.
• Update education database regularly by entering forms submitted by staff with high attention to detail
• Work with the M&E Officer to enter and check data into the Education database as data collection forms are turned in by field staff.
• Ensure of the accuracy of collected data in conjunction with the M&E Officer and work to improve staff capacity for filling out forms.
• File any hard copies of M&E forms in the appropriate M&E binders with the support of M&E Officer after forms entered into the education database or tablets.
• Assist with translations of technical words on data collection tools/forms/data entry.
• Cover Lal data entry in the absence of Lal M&E assistant.
Application comprises a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post and your CV copies of diplomas/degrees copy national ID card certificates of work experience and copies of reference letters. Interested candidates can submit their application by email or by dropping a hard copy of the documents at one of the locations below. Email Applications should be sent only to: [email protected] and for any more clarification please contact to mobile number: 0795070511 Please include the Vacancy Number in the subject line (CRS/CHN/18/017). Email with any other subject will not be considered. Hard Copy Applications should be in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential” with the position number clearly written on envelope. They can be delivered to any of the locations listed below:
CRS Herat: Near Rafa Hotel Abbakhsh Badmorghan Jada-e-Mokhaberat District No. 3.
CRS Kabul: House # 124 Radio Kilid Street Kolola Pushta District # 4
CRS Ghor: South of main road Gharb-e-Familiha House No. 212 Chaghcharan Town.
CRS Bamyan: Bamyan Center Sar Aseyab Village behind the Airport/ next to Resalat mosque.
CRS Daikundi: Bandar and Sang Takht villages East of sang takht bazar dahan deh ghorghan sofla
Applications sent to any other address will be rejected Please note that applications received after the closing date (i.e. 27 June 2018) will be not given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview. CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. In line with CRS policy on gender equity qualified women whose qualifications meet The requirements of above mentioned position are particularly welcome to apply.