Deputy Safety Advisor
|Vacancy Number:||AFG- KDZ-06|
|Title:|| Deputy Safety Advisor|
|Duration:||Permanent with 3 Months Probationary period|
|Exp.:|| 2021-04-20-(2 Weeks From now)|
|Salary:||Per INSO Salary Scale|
|Organization:|| International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) | About International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)|
|Work Experience:||Minimum of 3 professional work experience Years|
1 Experience working with NGO’s.
2. Security experience.
3. Program and staff coordination/management experience.
4. Excellent spoken and written English
5. Critical analytical ability based on empirical evidence
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Minimum of 3 years professional work experience
8. Able to read maps and use communications equipment (e.g. VHF radio and satellite phones)
9. Computer skills and knowledge of Windows XP and Office programs—especially MS Excel MS WinWord.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides NGOs with credible information and contextual analysis of the local and regional security situation.
· Responsible for writing comprehensive weekly reports (in English) on the provincial and regional situation as it relates to NGO safety
· Gather and verify data around incidents and trends which affect NGO operations and programming
· Producing daily incident reports threat warnings and facilitating weekly NGO meetings in his/her region of responsibility.
· Liaise closely with NGOs the UN and other sources (e.g. journalists civil society etc.) to obtain security information.
· Must pro-actively maintain and/or develop a wide professional contact network in all Northeastern provinces and eventually all districts within those provinces.
· Partly responsible for the management of the regional INSO office. This includes supervising often remotely field monitors.
· Must be available ‘on-call’ to handle any emergency or urgent information that directly affects the safety of the humanitarian NGO community
· When authorised will represent INSO at a regional level in bilateral and multilateral meetings working groups and sessions
Prepared to undertake short but frequent field visits to the provinces.
· Prepared to attend conferences and visits to INSO HQ in Kabul and also in other INSO field offices (Nangarhar Kandahar Balkh Khost and Herat) as required.
· Assist the Safety Advisor in preparing analysis
· Provide English-Dari interpretation competencies when required
· Places NGO safety (including INSO’s own) at the heart of everything we do.
- Assist NGOs in with crisis assistance
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (including credible professional reference contact details) educational and work certificates to:
To: [email protected]
|Email:|| [email protected]|