DRR Officer Expired
|Exp.:||2019-04-24-(3 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||Bachelor degree on social science or related field|
|Work Experience:||Minimum 2 of experience in DRR Years|
The ideal candidate will have the following education work experience skills and qualities:
1. Bachelor degree on social science or related field.
2. Minimum 2 years of experience in DRR.
3. Good written and oral proficiency in English language and Dari.
4. Computer literate
5. Ability to travel within project coverage district and other provinces as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Able to communicate in local languages
b. Ability to articulate ideas in a clear manner
c. Proven administration skills
1. Physical fitness for travel to difficult terrain and willingness for sustained fieldwork.
2. Familiarity with northern provinces especially Sar-i-Pul province will be an advantageous
Previous experience of working for an NGO at field level will be highly desirable
Duties & Responsibilities
The central role of this job holder is to ensure sound technical quality of all disaster risk reduction activities and supporting the participation of children and adult in preparedness mitigation and response initiatives under SIDA funded project this will include through analysis of local disaster risk and regular visit to project sites to support and simulate communities to plan and consider how they can mitigate the impact of disaster and mobilize resources to implement mitigation plan.
Establishing and maintaining linkages strong linkage with the community based structures as well as local government.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values;
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same;
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others;
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners;
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength;
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency;
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (19-106) in the subject of their email before closing date 24 April 2019
Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.