1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or water resource or irrigation engineering.
2. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in providing technical supervision and quality control and quality assurance oversight of large and complex agricultural development projects.
3. Fluency in English (speaking reading and writing). Ability to communicate in both Dari and Pashto is desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintaining monitoring and ensuring highest quality in irrigation infrastructure rehabilitation
2. Ensuring/conducting various types of tests such as Earth works and Concrete tests with all its parameters etc Conduct initial survey queries on sources of materials ensuring quality and compliance with the specifications.
3. Process the environmental compliance documentation for each activity to be implemented by SWIM as well as by its partners. This includes conducting the screening of each activity in light of environmental compliance to determine the recommended environmental determination and the Sub project Risk Categorization.
4. Develop with SWIM partners and beneficiaries Environmental Mitigation Plans and Risk Mitigation Measures as required by intended activities.
5. Responsible for implementation of QA/QC Plan to ensure specified quality of irrigation rehabilitation construction
6. The engineer is also responsible for monitoring the other component’s works to make sure they comply with quality.
7. The engineer will keep close coordination and provides technical assistance to field engineers and other related staff during the period of the project implementation.
8. Researching studying compiling and preparing material on quality control activities processes and procedures
9. Provide technical advice and assistance to contractors to ensure that economical and quality materials are purchased.
10. The engineer shall work in close contact with MAIL/MEW and NEPA and prepared all required reports to project QA-QC Environmental Compliance director and Team leaders and other parties as required.
11. Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates test results inspection requests non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations and other QA/QC documents.
12. Be responsible for all QA/QC activities including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis.
13. Ensure all civil works carried out by the contractors are in compliance with design drawings specifications QA/QC and environmental & safety requirements of SWIM.
14. Responsible for quality awareness training to build capacity of provincial DAIL RBA department and contractors.
15. Responsible for quality assurance training and development of national capacity ensuring specific quality.
16. Develop/maintain good coordination amongst field engineers contractor’s staff and DAIL/MEW staff.
17. Preparing regular QA/QC and safety reports on all construction activities
18. Any other task as assigned by Supervisor.
Please note that you must include the job title in the subject line of any email in response to this job announcement. Applications received after the closing date and/or without the job title in the subject line will be considered only at the discretion of AECOM. Only short listed candidates whose applications conform to the criteria above will be contacted for an interview.