• Recently completed or currently enrolled in a university graduate or undergraduate program in Engineering public or business administration or other relevant academic discipline.
• Oral and written fluency in Dari and English.
• The position reports to Municipal Engineering & Infrastructure Manager and SHAHAR Team Lead on weekly basis.
• This position will be based in the Jalalabad Afghanistan
Duties & Responsibilities
This internship Program represents an exciting opportunity for interns to gain experience with official environment learn organizational behavior have basic practical learnings in their educational related filed and gain experience working on an international development project.
The Intern will provide support to the DAI SHAHAR Project Staff by performing a variety of tasks. Throughout the internship the Intern will gain exposure to DAI and USAID methods for capacity building project management and economic development programs.
Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support municipal department staff in Developing and monitoring the implementation of the annual municipal plan to specify design construct and maintain streets sidewalks water supply networks street lighting solid waste management and parks.
• Provide assistance to department manager to prepare the technical parts of documents for the construction of new projects including survey master plan feasibility study detailed design work and cost estimate.
• Assist municipal department staff to coordinate monitor and supervise the engineering activities including frequent field visit to assess quality of the engineering works and certification of the bills or work progress
• Provide support and assistance to municipal department staff to maintain technical records and documents and develop the appropriate technical standards
To Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter along with Filled Pre-Employment Internship Questionnaire from the