Field Coordinator Expired
|Exp.:||2016-03-12-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) | About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP)|
|Work Experience:||5 Years|
Bachelor’s degree (masters preferred) in a relevant area such as natural resource management, agricultural development, agriculture engineering, water resources management, environmental sciences, disaster management, development studies, and/or related fields.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Excellent English written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports;
· Ability to speak, read and write technical and conversational English;
· Ability to understand new terminology and concepts easily and to synthesize information from different sources into a coherent project document;
· Skill in negotiating effectively in sensitive situations;
· Skill in achieving results through persuading, influencing and working with others;
· Skill in facilitating meetings effectively and efficiently and to resolve conflicts as they arise;
· Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high-ranking members of international, regional and national institutions;
· Displays sensitivity and adaptability to different cultures, genders, religions, races, nationalities and age groups;
· Good oral communication skills and conflict resolution competency to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests of varied actors;
· Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
· Proven experience in conducting assessment and analysis of agriculture, livelihood, water resources management options/activities
· Strong knowledge and understanding sub-national institutional contexts of Afghanistan.
· Experience in working with local government or NGOs on agriculture/livelihood related activities in Afghanistan
Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English is required for the post.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate, monitor and manage project activities within field; implement program goals and objectives; and perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility. During the assignment, Field Coordinator will also liaise and work closely with relevant government departments and officials.
· Coordinate all technical activities in all sites to make sure the construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure, livelihood resources and all other project activities are according to the standards mentioned in the project Technical Specifications and to the local conditions;
· Supervise the work of field staff in relevant province including planning, organizing, directing and controlling their assignments, goals, objectives and personal development;
· Monitoring project activities, including financial matters, and preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
· Update project reports daily and project photos on a weekly basis;
· Facilitate and coordinate field monitoring and evaluation exercises;
· Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the Project Result Framework;
· Attend meetings related to project as a provincial representative and prepare meeting summaries and evaluations for PM;
· Contribute technical specifications for the surveys, trainings of beneficiaries on various skills;
· Ensure that contractors comply with their work plans to complete work within specified time frame;
· Monitoring of provincial staff and provide them technical support;
· Perform any other duties as required by the PM and the supervisor.
| All interested applicants who meet the above mentioned criteria, should apply online by sending their updated CV and Cover letter to [email protected]|
The closing date for this position is March 12, 2016
Applicants from Panjshir province will be given priority