High school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate
Education: High school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate.
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) year of progressively responsible experience in the military police information management or security management is required. Experience in information management with a military police international information management or international security management organization is required. UNDSS certification in any of the following is an asset: Security Certification Programme Hostage Incident Management Close Protection Officers Course and Security Investigation.
Languages: Working knowledge in written and oral English is required. Fluency in Dari or Pashtu is required.
Special Measure: The minimum work experience for GL-3 is not reduced instead of
the standard minimum requirement work experience of 2 years. The special measure approved by the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) - UNHQ is extended until 31 May 2019 reduces the minimum required years of relevant work experience for filling positions for UNAMA General Service and National Professional Officer positions. The special measure is applicable to all applicants.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviours; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organizations interest even if they are unpopular; takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making; examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses; does not discriminate against any individual or group.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Duties & Responsibilities
Within delegated authority the Field Security Assistant may be responsible for the following duties:
• Screens all personnel packages and vehicles entering the UN complex to ensure authorized access.
• Provides continuous coverage of cameras telephone and radio communications systems and associated recording units in the Control Centers.
• Undertakes routine patrols of assigned areas maintaining continual surveillance against fire water leakage and any other occurrence which might damage premises or staff and keeps up to date records of patrols.
• Prepares daily and weekly work schedules and various periodic reports.
• In the event of emergencies and incidents alerts relevant units and dispatch security personnel to the site under the direction of the supervisor.
• Maintains logs and rosters and initiates chronological logs of events during emergency situations.
• Provides information and directions to all persons associated with the organization.
• Controls pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
• Alert for any potential or actual breaches of security and any disturbances or unusual activity and reports these immediately.
• Ensures that all UN property being carried from the complex is checked for appropriate documentation.
• Assists in liaising as necessary with police authorities local administration fire services and other emergency services.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Applicants must accurately complete sign and date the United Nations Personal History form (P.11) and forward the duly completed signed P.11 copy by e-mail to: [email protected] • Required documents: Serving UN staff members: The two most recent e-Performance Evaluation Reports must be submitted with the application. • For External applicants: Two most recent performance evaluation reports or if not available two reference letters. If the applications received do not contain the latest two performance evaluation reports candidates must provide a short explanation as to why they are not available. • Applicants should indicate VA Number as VA#28/06/2018 in the email subject line when submitting duly completed and signed P.11 Form. UNAMA will not consider any applications received without VA Number in the email subject line and after the closing date of the VA. Incomplete P.11 will not be accepted. • Please note that any information provided on the P.11 form will be considered binding. • The selected candidates will be subject to a reference checks process to verify the information provided in the P.11 form. • Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgement within two weeks from the deadline indicated on the VA. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. To ensure fairness and transparency selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.