• Ensure compliance with organization and donor rules regulations and procedures.
• Establish finance and supporting functions policies systems and procedures and direct or perform their development documentation and implementation.
• Monitor all financial activities and keep the country office management and headquarters advised of all situations which have the potential to negatively impact internal controls and financial performance.
• Ensure strong systems of internal controls and general management of risk and control environment.
• Ensure compliance to donor rules and regulations with regard to cost allocation (reasonableness allocability & allowability) reporting personnel travel procurement etc.
• Facilitate and co-ordinate external internal donor or government audits.
• Maintain proper filling system for all finance documents.
• Monitoring casual and regular staff payroll preparation to ensure timely information to the Human Resources Department for addition or deletion on the payroll. Process national payroll in keeping with Blumont policies procedures and standard practices. Make timely disbursements of cash for casual staff salary payments.
• Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
• Open bids make evaluations cost analysis see that procurement policies and procedures are properly implemented.
• Help in bid openings when requested to do so.
• Carry out investigations involving cash.
• Maintain all general accounting functions which includes all transactions related to cash receivables fixed assets tax payments and accrued or prepaid expenses.
• Overall responsibility for QuickBooks Accounting System processing which include; control over and/or entry of changes to the chart of accounts analysis codes and exchange rates supervision of the posting of entries and ensuring proper controls are enforced and appropriate systems are in place to maintain all required supporting documentation.
• Establish country policies regarding cash holding limits cash movements and foreign currency holdings and implement a plan to minimize the country’s foreign exchange exposure to currency gains and losses.
• Oversee the protection of the office assets (cash inventory NEP) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures.
• Prepare Budget vs. Actual for all programs and provide timely information to the program team.
• Deal with all Banks related to transfer/transaction or accounts issues.
• Prepare monthly fund projections.
• Check edit and consolidate overall accounts and monthly reconciliation of cash transfers advances banks.
• Review and check monthly payrolls according to approved time sheets payslips and supervise salary payments.
• Prepare monthly salaries direct deposit letters for the bank. Reconcile salary transactions by the bank with Blumont-PDEV records and inform the bank of any discrepancies immediately.
• Prepare expense reports properly and send on time to Blumont Niger or HQ.
• Track rents of offices and staff houses and arrange for rent payments on time.
• See that the cash sent is reconciled with the expense reports and the balances in safes.
• See that the Non-Expendable (NEP) and inventories are properly maintained
• See that stock records are properly maintained
• Monitor cash flow and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the program areas
• See that adequate cash is available in all offices for normal operations and project expenses.
• See that adequate cash controls are being continuously maintained in all offices to minimize and prevent cash misappropriations
• Facilitate fund flow to field offices as necessary.
• See that cash books maintained by cashiers are updated daily.
• See that payments vouchers are adequately backed by supporting documents such as (i) purchase requests (ii) purchase orders (iii) vendor invoices/receipts (iv) goods received notes etc…
• Approve payment vouchers at the time of payment. Get counter approval from Director Finance Administration and DCOP.
• Carry out periodic cash counts in all safes.
• Check/review per diem forms.
• Prepare checks for subcontractors vendors and rent payments and submit to office cashier for payments to the payees.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Graduate Degree in Accounting or related filed.
• Should know MS office package Quick Books Accounting Package.
• Should be able to communicate effectively in English and French.
• Able to work in individual or as part of a team.
• Should have worked in either USAID or International NGOs as a Finance Assistant at least for 4 years or Minimum four years’ experience in the respective field.
• Reliable Honest Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics.
Duties & Responsibilities
Blumont is seeking candidate for the position of Finance Assistant to coordinate and facilitate the acquisition of goods and services. Duties include reviewing requests and authorizing the purchase of commonly used goods and services; and/or assisting higher level buyers in the preparation of bid invitations the analysis of bids and the award of contracts. The incumbent reports to the Finance Manager.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.