Finance Senior Officer
Finance Senior Officer
|Title:||Finance Senior Officer|
|Category:||Accounting & Finance|
|Exp.:||2019-12-29-(6 Months From now)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||Bachelor Degree in BBA or any other relevant field|
|Work Experience:||• At least 4 experience in finance in incre Years|
· Degree in relevant and related discipline essential.
· Professional qualification eg CIMA ACCA or working towards one desirable.
· At least 4 years experience in finance in increasingly responsible roles.
· Extensive knowledge of financial processes and controls.
· Experience of working with INGOs and/or major NGOs.
· Experience managing or supervising staff.
· Understanding of grant funding principles.
· Understanding of GoA tax rules.
· Good report writing skills.
Good written and spoken English.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to maintain efficient and effective financial systems and operations in Save the Children Afghanistan’s BLK Office. The Finance senior will ensure accurate and timely reporting and be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the BLK finance team.
· Ensure compliance of Afghanistan Country and BLK Office and finance policies & procedures.
· Prepare finance work plans and supervise BLK office financial transactions.
· Ensure Agresso data entry is current and correct.
· Control and maintain finance filing systems in a confidential accurate and timely manner.
· Prepare monthly and other regular financial reports for Country Office.
· Ensure timely financial information is received from POs for incorporation into CO accounts.
· Coordinate with the Country Office for the review and approval of monthly cash requests to ensure sufficient funds are received in a timely fashion.
· Manage CO tax reporting to GoA.
o Ensure staff with responsibility for tax reporting is fully trained.
o Establish processes to ensure tax liabilities are accurately calculated withheld and paid promptly to GoA.
· Ensure accuracy and authorization of payments.
· Review and approve payment requests checking coding and supporting documentation.
· Check GL postings and codings.
· Oversee the petty cash function in Balkh including:
o Authorize petty cash payments
o Weekly check of petty cash balances
o Authorize replenishment of petty cash
o Review and approve cash receipt vouchers
o Post CRVs to GL
· Provide day-to-day supervision and support to the finance team
· Deliver Support Services develop staff capacity ensuring personal development plans are in place for direct reports and are achieved
· Provide training and development opportunities for direct reports.
· Identify opportunities to improve internal processes increase departmental efficiency and increase stakeholder satisfaction
Other tasks as requested to support effective operation of the Support Services team in BLK
General statements of responsibility may include:
· Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SC Afghanistan resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
Lead manage and motivate a team ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving and role modelling SCI-AF values
Provide support to the line manager to set ambitious and challenging goals for the team and the team take responsibility for their own personal development;
Approachable good listener easy to talk to;
Develop and encourage new and innovative solutions;
Honest encourages openness and transparency builds trust and confidence;
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (18-284) in the subject of their email before closing date 29 December 2018
Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.