Financial Deputy Project Manager Expired
Financial Deputy Project Manager
|Title:||Financial Deputy Project Manager|
|Exp.:||2018-08-17-(2 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children |About Save the Children|
|Work Experience:||at least 4 related experience Years|
· University degree in finance economics or equivalent in the field of finance certified by relevant higher education authority in Afghanistan or other countries
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package especially Excel Outlook PowerPoint and Word
· Training in finance reporting and training in software (e.g. Quick books)
· Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto both written and spoken
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Supervisory team worker analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Experience of planning reporting and budgeting
· Honest proactive and well mannered
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· At least 3 years’ experience in positions of accounting and finance after university graduation
· Work in BPHS and EPHS projects will be an asset
· Familiarity with geographical context
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced stressful environment
· Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCI/AYSO environment
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health & Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organisational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for the financial management of BPHS and EPHS project in Daikundi province. The Financial Deputy Project Manager will oversee and control disbursement and make sure that the expenditures of the BPHS and EPHS project is according to the donor and organization policies and procedures.
Technical and financial
· Act according to the policy and regulations of SCI/AYSO.
· Keep updated with issues related to SCI/AYSO and the environment where SCI/AYSO operates.
· Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on internal control mechanism.
· To oversee and assure an adequate and appropriate filing system for the copies of the original entry within the finance section.
· To contribute to the design and establishment of the financial system and existing procedures and make recommendations to improve the system to produce timely and accurate financial reports to the donors.
· To analyse monthly financial statements and reports in order to inform and advice the Project and Finance Director and other concerned units on the deviations and possible irregularities.
· On instruction from Finance Department and in consultation with the Head facilitate and co-ordinate with the project managers regarding the preparation of the proposed and revised budget of the projects.
· To provide the project management with the required financial information.
· To ensure proper control and record over the income collected by the concerned projects/units of the Project Office.
· To maintain an appropriate control over the transfer of funds payments and bookkeeping of the project office.
· To control that all the payments from the project is according to the approved budget and the financial regulations.
· To monitor the expenditures against the budget for all sections of the Project.
· To approve the demand forms of all units for procurement before submitting them to the logistics section.
· To approve the bills receipts Impress cash and loans prior to the payments according to the Financial Regulation.
· To make the budget for the finance unit
· To maintain the safety of cash in considering SCI/AYSO cash insurance policy.
Tasks of inter organizational relation
· Promote gender equality non-discrimination with regard to ethnic political and religious background.
· To participate in workshops seminars & conference organized by the SCI/AYSO management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others.
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners.
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency.
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified candidates may send their Application including