FSL MEAL Officer
FSL MEAL Officer
|Title:||FSL MEAL Officer|
|Category:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Exp.:||2019-03-24-(6 Days From now)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||Relevant University Degree|
|Work Experience:||3 of working experiance Years|
· Good communication skills in Dari Pashtoo with some English-language ability
· Sound technical knowledge of Child Protection and Child Protection in Emergency best practices
· Excellent understanding of main CP risks facing communities and children in rural of Afghanistan
· Training and facilitation skills
· Organization and planning skills
· Relevant University qualification
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· 5 years total work experience
· 3 years experience in field of M&E and Disaster risk reduction (DRR) or food security and livelihoods FSL.
· Demonstrated analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills in Dari Pashtoo and English
· Demonstrated ability in M&E tool development and analysis
· Ability to work under difficult circumstances
· Excellent computer skills (word excel power point access
· Presentation skills
· Planning and reporting skills
· Developing sample data bases
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organizational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The central role of this job holder is to assist MEAL Coordinator in establishing MEAL system in OFDA - FSL food security and livelihoods component in the relevant province. He/she will support project staff in technical MEAL issues. The MEAL officer will ensure the compiling of the data and will maintain record keeping system.
Assist the M&E Coordinator in carrying out the baseline end line and Internal evaluation surveys and analyzing the data.
2. Develop a performance Quality effective monitoring to measure progress effectiveness efficiency and achievement of the expected results specifying qualitative and quantitative indicators data sources and data collection methods
Work closely with project staff to ensure accountability(CFM) systems are in place that engage beneficiaries and stakeholders in evaluations impact assessments and research
4. Assist the project team in day to day monitoring of the project in the overall implementation and management of monitoring evaluation accountability and information management for a high quality innovative and effective learning programme.
5. Develop outputs and outcomes indicator tracking sheet and establish training targets which link to project activities.
6. Establish and support the implementation of a data management system to inform planning implementation monitoring evaluation accountability and learning.
7. Undertake regular visits from the targeted areas to support monitoring evaluation impact assessment processes and accountability processes.
8. Monitor and document the progress of programme activities against agreed indicators
9. Collect accurate and timely data of programme activities.
Complete and submit monthly quarterly and yearly Program results reports to close Program Manager/ coordinator. Provide additional M&E data to management and Program staff as requested and required in a timely manner.
14. Prepare reports as required on the programming activities for internal donor and beneficiaries.
15. Prepare and implement action plan for quality monitoring.
16. Mobilizing and Making communities aware on project objectives outputs and MEAL systems.
17. Facilitate project and activities information for establishing and follow up of complaint feedback mechanism (CFM) in targeted areas.
18. Ensure personal commitment in building constructive working relationship with partners based on SCI partnership principles spelled out in Theory of Change
19. Support the emergency response /FSL teams in emergency situation joint assessment and monitoring of response process and complaint feedback mechanism.
20. Any other tasks assigned by the line manager
Skills and Behaviours: SCI Values in Practice
· Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
§ Lead manage and motivate a team ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
§ Other duties as directed.
(Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (19-082) in the subject of their email before closing date 24 March 2019
Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.