Health and Nutrition Officer
Health and Nutrition Officer
|Vacancy Number:||19-032 (Re-Announce)|
|Title:||Health and Nutrition Officer|
|Duration:||30 November 2020|
|Exp.:||2019-04-24-(2 Days From now)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||Graduated from recognized medical faculty with a two years of experience in health management|
|Work Experience:||2 of working experience in the Health & Nut Years|
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
§ Graduated from recognized medical faculty with a two years of experience in health management
§ Medical Diploma (MD) with previous experience of working in the Health and Nutrition projects at least for 2 years
§ Familiarity with HMIS/Nutrition databases of MoPH will be an asset
§ Good knowledge and experience of Project Management skill including basic administration and management.
§ A thorough understanding of project cycle management especially M&E processes and reporting -
§ Excellent reputation/well-known
§ Efficiency result-oriented and excellent management capabilities -
§ Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner -
§ Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity -
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organizational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The overall purpose of this position is to manage field level implementation of the health and nutrition component of the BMZ Integrated Project being implemented din Balkh and Kunduz provinces.
Lead field level implementation of Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams
1. Ensure personal commitment in building constructive working relationship with partners based on SCI partnership principles spelled out in Theory of Change
2. Ensure timely coordination with Partnership Unit on assessment and selection of partners
3. Regular joint visit to projects implemented by partner and provide feedback based on the findings
4. Ensure best practices from partners or SCI projects are shared to ensure quality of implementation
5. Actively participate and contribute in exchange of knowledge and learning sessions organized for partners capacity building
1. Ensure that all projects are equipped with MEAL systems like quality benchmarks billboards posters to exhibit MEAL messages for activities
2. Ensure action plans from quality monitoring and accountability systems are generated and implemented in timely manner collaboration with MEAL team
3. Contribute to generation of lessons through finalizing issues for Operations Research and participating in lessons learnt workshops and provide report.
4. Ensure that projects are reported against the M&E Plan
Skills and Behaviours: SCI Values in Practice
· Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to SC Afghanistan in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
§ Lead manage and motivate a team ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance
§ Other duties as directed
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (19-032 Re-Announce) in the subject of their email before closing date 24 April 2019
Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.