• 10 work experience in health field with pr Years
~~• University degree in health sector • Postgraduate master’s degree/diploma in public health or health management a strong asset • 10 years work experience in health field with proven program management. • Excellent knowledge of Afghan National Health system and other related health entities i.e. WHO NGOs Health Education system • Proven program management skills and team building competencies. • Fluent in written and spoken English and in local language(s) • Confirmed leadership skills • Good communication skills • Good computer skills • Good analytical skills
~~Personal qualifications Meticulous sense of responsibility organizational skills ability to take initiative and to work independently team spirit patience perseverance adaptability self-confidence ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Advisor to Health Coordination on national Health structure and policies.
• Maintains a global understanding Ministry of Health structure.
• Monitors the EPHS/BPHS revision process within the MOPH and informs health team. Receives updates on new and revised MoPH policies/procedures/guidelines and ensures that ICRC/ARCS programs are updated accordingly.
• Develops and maintains a network of relevant health contacts within National Health Authorities UN health departments NGOs and Health Training Institutes
• Represents ICRC at external Health meetings at central level and informs Health team on relevant issues.(Health Cluster Polio Health development Partner forum)
Health Care in Danger
• Focal person for HCiD and member of the HCiD Steering Committee and participates in relevant meetings on policy strategy and activities.
• Supports expansion of HCiD program to raise awareness among Health authorities and health personnel.
• Supports field sites to expand program within their area of responsibility. (AoR)
• Liaises with Health Authorities medical training institutions to raise awareness conduct HCiD dissemination sessions and related trainings.
• Contributes to annual review and planning of health programs.
• Monitors global health situation in Afghanistan including mass casualty epidemics/outbreaks (e.g. polio CCHF) health situation.
• Maintains communication with Kabul hospitals treating war wounded following major events resulting in mass casualties to ensure support with medical materials.
• Provides analysis and interpretation of national health data and reports.
• Supports capacity building of resident Health staff to develop in specific roles.
• Sources relevant training opportunities with ICRC and externally to support career development of staff.
• Focal person for planning and implementation of War Wounded Seminars.
• Advises on culture politics general situation and shares relevant information related to the context.
• Acts as reference point during supervisors absences.
• Contributes to the analysis of the security socio-economic cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and shares relevant information with colleagues.
• Ensures necessary administrative work is implemented on time i.e. reporting needs minutes of meetings. Time reporting budget
• Provides input in the appraisal of the KAB Field Officers.
• Develops and maintains a pleasant working atmosphere with colleagues and superiors.
• Participates in conflict management.
• Participates in internal meetings.
• Conducts Health briefings for new ICRC mobile and resident staff in absence of Health CO.
Interpretation – Translation
• Interprets accurately from English to National languages and vice versa as required.
• Proof read all translation done by ICRC for what regards health activities (MoU official letters…)
• Translates documents from English to National languages and vice versa as required
• Adapts behaviour to various interlocutors
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application electronically through Kab_hr_services @icrc.org