HMIS /M&E Senior Officer Expired
HMIS /M&E Senior Officer
|Title:||HMIS /M&E Senior Officer|
|Exp.:||2018-08-17-(2 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children |About Save the Children|
|Education:||• Has the minimum educational requirement (MD or equivalent medical degree or Bachelor of Public Hea|
|Work Experience:||at least 3 related work experience Years|
· Has the minimum educational requirement (MD or equivalent medical degree or Bachelor of Public Health or statistics from university)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package especially Access Excel Outlook PowerPoint and Word
· Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto both written and spoken
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Supervisory team worker analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Honest proactive and well mannered
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Has the minimum experience requirement at least 2-year full time experience with health sector after graduation from university
· Has the minimum experience requirement one-year full time work experience in HMIS position or statistical analysis after graduation from university
· BPHS and EPHS experience will be an additional asset
· Familiarity with geographical context
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced stressful environment
· Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCI/RHDO environment
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organisational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The HMIS/M&E Senior Officer is responsible for implementing of national HMIS system in the project and ensures the timely report by using HMIS database. He/She is also responsible for submitting HMIS reports to MoPH on the monthly basis. He/She is responsible to carry out monitoring visits from the health facilities as well.
Technical and supervisory tasks
· To maintain update information on the project catchment area and the project progresses.
· To submit a monthly report to the BPHS Technical Manager and Project Director.
· Collect data entry to HMIS data base and analysed and provided the feedback to HFs.
· Fully understand the national HMIS System and routine data collection tools developed by the Ministry of Public health.
· Monitor BPHS project indicators progress and update Project Director and BPHS Technical Manager.
· Verify data collection forms for completeness and exactness interact on a day-to-day basis to complete incomplete or correct inexact data collection forms.
· Enter data form data collection forms into a menu –driven HMIS database.
· Perform routine analysis and produce routine report using predefined submission data.
· Perform routine buck up and restore procedures.
· Coordinate between facilities and project office to ensure the timely and accurate HMIS report.
· Provide timely feedback to health facilities.
· To observe the conformity of the various operation to the SCI/RHDO regulations the project contract and national health policy.
· To discuss and finalize local action plan for the HMIS training other HMIS activities to contribute to the project planning exercise
· To frequently visit monitor and supervise the usage of HMIS system at the health facility level
· Conduct HMIS training for the health facility level staffs in BPHS project
Tasks of relation with external agencies
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities UN agencies NGOs and other stakeholders.
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the local and provincial authorities UN agencies.
· Collaborate with Provincial Health Directorate and other locally active agencies to co-ordinate the health activities in the Province through PHCC meetings.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others.
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners.
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency.
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified candidates may send their Application including