Hospital Manager Expired
|Exp.:||2018-08-17-(6 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||• Medical Doctor (MD) or equivalent Medical degree from recognized university|
|Work Experience:||at least 5 related experience Years|
· Medical Doctor (MD) or equivalent Medical degree from recognized university
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package especially Excel Outlook PowerPoint and Word
· Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto both written and spoken
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Supervisory team worker analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Experience of planning reporting and budgeting
· Honest proactive and well mannered
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Has the minimum educational requirement (MD/equivalent medical degree)
· At least five years of experience in hospital including two years working experience in managing hospital after graduation from university
· Received training in hospital management or equivalent
· BPHS and EPHS experience will be an additional asset
· Familiarity with geographical context
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced stressful environment
· Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCI/AYSO environment
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organisational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
Hospital Manager will lead the EPHS team in the Daikundi province and is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the EPHS component of the SEHATMANDI project. He /She will ensure that all EPHS project activities are implemented in accordance with the donor and organization policies and procedures.
· The provincial hospital manager is directly responsible for the EPHS project under direct supervision of project director; therefore he/she should be fully aware and agree with their project work plan and budget.
· To provide leadership to the hospital staff and to keep clarity of vision and direction throughout the various implementation processes and to encourage a participatory style of management and to build a team spirit to maximize the effectiveness of the management process in the provincial hospital.
· To ensure annual planning budgeting implementation and follow up of the EPHS project Work Plan and other detailed action plan.
· To organize coordination inside the EPHS team including regular meetings and other coordination events to ensure timely and quality implementation of projects.
· To supervise capacity building plan and oversee its implementation mechanism.
· To conduct monitoring and supervision of the different departments of hospital to make sure that the Hospital work plan is being implementing in the right manner.
· To make sure that MoPH and SCI/AYSO’s established policies procedures are available in the hospital and being implemented.
· To make sure that quality health services or provided by the provincial hospital to the targeted communities.
· Ability to identify problems/Weaknesses and find out immediate ad suitable solution for.
· To promote gender orientation and an attitude of hospital team spirit.
· To have an overview of different departments to make sure that each department is running well for a good management of the patients.
· Responsible to increasing capacity building of hospital staffs by theoretical and practical training and request external training if need it.
· To ensure the availability of the night duty staff and well monitor the night duty of the hospital.
· Detect the epidemic and react as quickly as possible by setting up the organization to control it with closed coordination of PPHD & SCI/AYSO provincial Office and local authorities.
· Responsible for drafting internal annual work-plan and budget for the Hospital.
· To enhance the professional and managerial skills of the hospital team at Provincial level.
· Ensure timely and quality monthly and quarterly report of hospital activities under direct supervision of project director to Health Program Unit MoPH and Country offices.
· Responsible for quality control of the medical equipment and other medical supplies procured.
· Represent SCI/AYSO Hospital services and activities with closed coordination of project director in relevant workshops taskforces and meetings at provincial level.
· To maintain and analyse of the rationale use of medicine in the hospital based on the standard of MoPH.
· To collect and analysed of the monthly reports from different sections and it should use for the improvement of the hospital health services and proper decision making in the hospital.
· To organize monitor and well manage of the medicine Demand supply & distribution based on need of the hospital during the project cycle.
· To follow the Patient flow and make interview with discharged IPD patients for improvement of the hospital services and finally the patient satisfaction rate will be increased from the hospital services.
· Coordinate all EPHS related activities at provincial level under direct supervision of project director with other stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach of health program implementation.
· In collaboration with Procurement & Supply Chain Manager and Pharmacy Manager at COs ensures the timely provision and supply of the health commodities to the hospital.
· The Provincial Hospital manager has budget holder responsibilities for the EPHS project under the direct supervision of project director for implementing the hospital activities. Therefore he/she should be proficient in budget management (including Budget Follow Up) carefully review and control all order forms and invoices that he is signing.
· Responsible for project proposal and project expenses base on the project budgets and work plan.
· Preparation revision and follow up of the hospital budget and work plan.
· Approve and attest expenses of the Hospital in accordance to SCI/AYSO Financial rule ad regulation.
Tasks of inter organizational relation
· To arrange meetings with Hospital staff to solve upcoming problems with closed direction of project director in the hospital.
· To participate in workshops seminars & conference organized by the SCI/AYSO management.
· Promotes good coordination with BPHS and other SCI/AYSO project.
Tasks of relation with external agencies
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities UN agencies
· NGOs and other stakeholders.
· Collaborate with Provincial Health Directorate and other locally active agencies to co-ordinate the health activities in the Province through PHCC meetings.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others.
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners.
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency.
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified candidates may send their Application including