Internal Auditor Expired
|Exp.:||2015-12-13-(4 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||Concern Worldwide-AFghanistan | About Concern Worldwide-AFghanistan|
|Education:||Liverpool - East|
|Work Experience:||3 Years|
ü Part qualified/qualified professional auditing or accountancy qualification or equivalent
ü At least 3 years of post-qualification experience working in an audit function preferably with an I/NGO
ü Experience of donor regulation especially DFID, EU, ECHO and IAPF
ü Experience in conducting investigation in financial/fraud issues
ü Honesty, Integrity and strong attention to detail
ü Ability to work independently on own initiative, manage and coach staff
ü Willingness to travel to field sites on a regular basis
ü Good IT skills and good communication skills to interact with colleagues
ü Good written/verbal command over English language
ü Knowledge of development and humanitarian issues
ü Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
ü Strong leadership skills with sensitivity in dealing with government authorities on critical issues
ü Strong management skills and ability to motivate others and promote accountability among staff
ü Skills in time management and prioritising
ü Ability and willingness to work as part of a multi-cultural team
Key Competencies required:
ü Knowing How to Learn and adapt, reasoning.
ü Resourcefulness and Initiative.
ü Sense of Responsibility.Planning and Organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Carry out risk-based audit of internal control processes at Concern Worldwide country office and provincial offices including income, expenditure, internal functions, information and communication, and risk assessment processes to ensure all Concern policies and procedures are being correctly adhered to and implemented. Review if internal control procedures are being complied with and identify control weakness and potential risks; recommend appropriate measures to mitigate the weaknesses/risks.
· Carry out internal audits in head office and field offices. Participate in meetings with office staff. Prepare write up of main issues for exit meeting. Compile audit reports based on information and issues arising during fieldwork. Preserve the audit working papers prepared / compiled during audit process.
· Formulate the policies and procedures for “Financial Audits”, “Compliance Audits”, “Information Systems Audits”, “Operational Audits” and “Investigative Audits”.
· Perform procedures to identify/track the incidence of fraud and error; that is carry out necessary checking to ensure transactions are genuine/fair and to prevent abuse/misuse of Concern’s resources.
· Carry out assessment of program procedures to identify if any internal control weakness arise from the implemented system and make recommendations to make the systems more robust. This involves regular visits to all Concern projects.
· Review compliance with terms and conditions stated in the Concern/donor agreements. Review donor agreements and highlight the highest risk areas (donor requirements) and track its compliance by Concern. Ensure that the agreements executed with donor agencies are strictly implemented.
· Develop annual internal audit plan in consultation with relevant department heads. Provide monthly updates to CMT on progress/findings/recommendations from annual audit work.
· Develop Annual Risk Matrix and update the Issue Tracker on a regular basis in consultation with CD/CMT
· Monitor changes in finance and tax issues relevant to staff and organisation by tracking statutory contributions and updating the organisation of any changes in relevant tax legislation as well as regular updates on international accounting standards
· Contribute in all relevant meetings involving consideration of policy/procedures formulation matters and other allied matters relating to the overall operations of the organization.
· Maintain good communications within the team and ensure that all necessary information is shared and understood.
· Assist in knowledge management process by providing accurate, sound and timely professional advice to in country management
· Prepare quarterly reports for the internal auditor based at head office.
· Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Country Director.
HAP & Emergency:
· Concern is committed to HAP to ensure downward accountability. Concern activities are guided by HAP standards in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan we also bounded our activities by Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with HAP principles and benchmarks as instructed by its policies and therefore make sure that you accept and implement HAP standards in all your activities.To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond.
| Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in Rustaq, Faizabad, Yawan, Farkhar, Worsaj, Chall, Namakaab and Kabul (Shari now, 4th Street of Qalai Fatullah, connected with Qalai Moosa) or through this email address: af[email protected]|
Closing Date: 12 December 2015