• Manage and troubleshoot the Internal Network System
• Analyze and support applications including word processors spreadsheets presentation graphics database management systems electronic mail and communications; evaluate install and support personal computers and various printer graphic and storage peripherals.
• Perform hardware maintenance to include component repair on all personal computers monitors and printers.
• Respond to staff concerns and difficulties by performing software support and maintenance on all centers computer systems.
• Be familiar with all Internet and email installation rules regulations and capacities.
• Inventory and monitor all computer hardware and report to the team leader; store and order computer software and hardware as needed.
• Perform staff computer training as needed for computer software and hardware.
• Perform software audits to ensure laws and regulations governing software are complied with by all computer users.
• Coordinate computer curriculum issues and changes; work closely with the curriculum taskforce committee and team leader in development of new and existing curriculum.
• Promote the development of positive employability skills through modeling appropriate behaviors.
• Design Manage and Implement office network for field offices.
• Maintain accountability of staff and property; adhere to safety practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
4 to 7 years’ experience in a progressive IT Administration and IT help desk support environment;
A bachelor’s degree in a field related to Information Technology Software/Network Engineering or Computer Science preferred. Network or Security certifications a plus;
Strong knowledge and experience in Windows operating systems and Active Directory;
Excellent support service skills positive attitude and the ability to communicate well in a timely manner with employees at all levels;
Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
Knowledge and practical work experience in SonicWALL firewall and other Linux based firewalls
Microsoft MCSE 2008/ 2012 Certifications Required
Cisco CCNA R&S CCNP R&S Required
CompTIA Server+ A+ Certifications Preferred
Ability to multitask work well under pressure and prioritize tasks to meet numerous deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
Team player self-starter and faster learner;
Must be available for occasional weekend and after-hours work;
Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Ability to Speak/Read and Write Fluent in English Pashto Dari (Persian).
• Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
• Attention to detail
• Time management and prioritisation skills
• Strong communication skills in English Pashto or Dari
• Good adaptability and ability to work under pressure
• High level of integrity independence and initiative
• Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines
80% Travel to COMAC field office on request needs for the Program (Ghazni Paktia Jalabad Herat Mazar Kandahar Helmand and Kunduz)
Duties & Responsibilities
Blumont is seeking candidate for the position of IT Manager who will report directly to the IT Administrator and will assist to provide maintenance support on computer hardware and software systems in compliance with government and management directives. Specific job duties will include but not be limited to the following activities:
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.