|Vacancy Number:||07 2021|
|Category:||Information Technology (IT)|
|Exp.:||2021-05-22-(2 Weeks From now)|
|Salary:||As per company salary scale|
|Organization:||BBC MEDIA ACTION | About BBC MEDIA ACTION|
|Work Experience:||6 Years|
A third level education qualification preferably in Information Technology.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain local IT server.
2. Update software on office PC’s/laptops and format all new office IT stock.
3. Advise local staff on correct processes when using IT and related equipment.
4. Ensure local staffs are compliant with BBC Media Action IT processes and procedures.
5. Maintain updated inventory tracking of all office supplies equipment and furniture and undertake regular monitoring checks on the inventory.
6. Initiate quarterly procurement of office supplies and ensure stocks are maintained to an agreed level.
7. Coordinate with the BBC Media Action Logistics Officer to ensure timely maintenance completed for IT equipment.
8. Conduct Quarterly training for staffs on new updated IT systems.
9. Update security systems (Sophos) locally.
10. Manage Dimensions and Attendance machines servers locally.
11. Help UK IT if needed.
12. Any Other tasks assigned by line supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Information Technology Officer will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the IT section of the BBC Media Action office in Kabul. H/she will ensure that the office can operate at all times to an optimum level. The Information Technology Office will report to the Operation Manager ensuring enough IT supply is in place at all the time and all IT related items are inventoried. The post holder will maintain the local IT server and all office IT stock and be responsible for advising the BBC Media Action team on best IT practices IT security and on necessary software upgrades. H/she will support the Country Director and Senior Project Manager in local recruitment activities.
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest suitability for the post to: [email protected]
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The applications may not be accepted later than 22th May 2021.