1) B.S. or equivalent collegiate degree in civil or other appropriate engineering field. 2) At least
1- (Fluent) and ability to speak and read Dari/Pashtu is required.
2- Ability to use a variety of office equipment (i.e. computers running MS Office (Word Excel Outlook PowerPoint) copiers scanners digital cameras).
3- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT DUTY & RESPONSIBILITY
A- Job Description
1. Management skill how to manage project Scope Quality Time Risk Cost and Stakeholder expectation.
2. Liaises with Regional Office (RO) staff as required and provides assistance to the the professional team of 20 engineer when visiting projects for assessment.
3. Serves as technical professional engineer advising USACE for one or more program areas which involve substantial and exceptionally complex engineering aspects relating to the design implementation and administration of technical projects for road and irrigation systems bridges facilities etc.
4. Develops designs drawings and specifications detailed engineering plans and cost estimates for projects in assigned program area(s).
5. Reviews evaluates and makes professional recommendations to USACE personnel concerning the engineering feasibility of plans developed by proposers of projects.
6. Monitors the adequacy and acceptability of the engineering aspects of project construction work through field inspections review of Contractor reports and meetings with project personnel.
7. Provides safety oversight documentation of such oversight and directs corrective actions in cases of life-threatening situations as required to ensure worker safety during the performance of Contractor executed mechanical engineering projects or project tasks.
8. Submits reports to USACE personnel on project progress including professional analyses of engineering and related problems and recommendations for corrective action.
9. Maintains liaison with USACE personnel and Contractors responsible for project implementation scheduling procurement and compliance with local building and construction codes for the purpose of facilitating the resolution of problems.
10. May supervise a staff of engineering draftsmen engineering inspectors and clerical support personnel and where needed other engineers employed under this contract.
11. Assists USACE personnel in training and mentoring initiatives by providing subject matter expertise and conveying cultural meaning and intent; e.g. coordinates plans develops and evaluates training training needs and course objectives.
12. Provides translation services oral and written for USACE staff as needed.
13. Coordinates the translation proofreading and editing of documents as required;
14. Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences often over different time zones including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices;
15. Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings with the assistances of and coordination with USACE as required;
16. Assists in the orientation of new staff providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and Works with other Lead Engineers to coordinate work activities meet deadlines and provide support where needed; and maintains confidential records.
17. Assists the professional team of 20 engineer in preparing and formatting documents including PowerPoint presentations.
18. Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team to meet the requirement and have proper monthly backup for softcopy.
19. Maintains a tracking system of responses to proposals;
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter to the mention email. Please include the name of position & Vacancy no in the subject line only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview