The Lecturer shall have the following responsibilities;
1. Teach as a member of a teaching team within an established program of study.
2. Teach in a variety of settings from small group tutorials to large lectures ensuring content methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives for individual teaching sessions.
3. Develop own teaching materials methods and approaches taking into account established or agreed practices where necessary.
4. Supervise the work of students provide advice on study skills and help them with learning problems.
5. Set and mark assignments and set examination questions as well as assessing the work and progress of students by reference to defined criteria and provide constructive feedback to students.
6. Seek ways of improving performance by reflecting on teaching design delivery obtaining and analyzing feedback.
7. Plan own day-to day lesson plan within the framework of the agreed program.
8. Coordinate own work and that of others to avoid conflict or duplication of effort.
9. Use teaching resources and facilities as appropriate.
10. Deal with routine communication using a range of media.
11. Deal with problems which may affect the delivery of own teaching.
12. Contribute to decisions affecting the work of the team.
13. Develop initiative creativity and judgment in applying appropriate approaches to learning and teaching support and scholarly activities.
14. Share responsibility in deciding how to deliver modules and assess students.
15. Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on academic content and on the assessment of students’ work.
16. To engage in examining duties i.e. the production of exam questions/papers exam marking and moderation.
17. To take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered and as necessary seek further training guidance and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
18. To assist the dean of the faculty in administrative and Academic Affairs
19. Interviewing course applicants
20. Attending faculty and staff meetings and serves on committees.
21. Invigilate in examination hall to monitor proper conduction of exams.
Duties & Responsibilities
Qualification: A minimum of Master’s Degree candidates will be preferred.
Experience: 2 to 3 years (as a lecturer) in any national or international university.
Language: efficient knowledge of English.
Communication skills: Good communication skills (Speaking Writing and Comprehension)
Computer skills: (MS Office Email and Internet skills)
Competencies and personal characteristics: Confidence Communication skills Inter-personal skills Problem solving skills and Leadership skills.
Research Skills: Having research knowledge.
Interested Candidates shall send their detailed CV with a Cover letter. mentioning the post "applied For" and Vacancy number in the Subject line.