3-5 experience with USG or donor funded proj Years
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist the development and implementation of livelihoods assessment tools and approaches
• Assist in developing livelihood promotion capacities within the program partners and at community levels to protect livelihoods.
• Provide support to all aspects of livelihoods on the program (includes planning budget management implementation and reporting).
• Contribute to the development and implementation of livelihoods assessment tools and approaches
• Develop livelihood promotion capacities within the program partners and at worked and community levels to protect livelihoods and achieve food security
• Assist in developing standards and systems for implementing livelihood approaches working with rural communities
• In absence of Livelihood Manager liaise with other NGOs relevant Government agencies to ensure good coordination of effort avoid duplication share lessons and approaches for maximizing impact
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in BA
• Minimum of 3 years of experience (5 years of experience strongly preferred) with USG or other donor-funded development projects focused on livelihoods.
• Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations
• Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments
• Fluency in English Dari and Pashto required: read write and fluent conversation
• Independent self-starter capable of following guidance and transforming it into actions
• Excellent interpersonal relationships with national and international staff in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to travel within project areas as required
• This position will expect travel up to 50%.
Duties & Responsibilities
Blumont is seeking candidates for position of Livelihood Officer to support and assist the Livelihood Manager and undertake the following tasks within the framework of the livelihoods component of the project.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.