M&E Advisor Expired
|Category:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Exp.:||2018-05-24-(8 Months Ago)|
|Salary:||According to GIZ salary scale|
|Organization:||GIZ-Afghanistan | About GIZ-Afghanistan|
|Education:||University degree in relevant discipline (development economic social sciences or equivalent)|
|Work Experience:||Minimum of 3-5 of professional experience wi Years|
§ University degree in relevant discipline (development economic social sciences or equivalent)
§ Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is preferred.
§ Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience with development projects
§ Proven competences in concept development and design
§ Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
§ Experience in capacity development projects
§ Minimum experience in Admin and Finance is preferred
§ Experience in working with government entities
Other knowledge additional competences:
§ Good management and co-ordination skills with experience of technical project implementation;
§ Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit;
§ Experience in writing project reports and management plans;
§ Willingness to participate in field activities/surveys and travel to remote areas within the region;
§ Knowledge in the use of database management systems and IT knowledge.
§ Fluent in English Dari Pashto and German is preferred
§ Experience in working in international environments
Duties & Responsibilities
The M&E Advisor is responsible for supporting MEC in its general tasks of providing monitoring and evaluation capacity development advisory for the Afghan government maintaining the German Development Tracker for Afghanistan RBM advisory services to GIZ Projects and staff. The M&E advisor reports to Team Leader of MEC.
The M&E Advisor provides RBM relevant advisory for the Afghan partner ministries GIZ Afghanistan projects and in this regard coordinates closely with his / her national and international counterparts.
- Coordination and monitoring of capacity development measures with relevant partner ministries
- Evaluation further development and implementation of capacity development measures with partner ministries
- Reviewing proposals and concept notes
- Coordination of consultancies and external experts regarding capacity development measures
- Coordinating ad-hoc requests from Afghan and German ministries as well as national and international organisations
Facilitation of GIZ-internal M&E knowledge management and GIZ M&E experts’ network
- Conduct Results-Based monitoring workshops and training programs for GIZ projects and for partners organisations
- In coordination with an international expert management of the German Development Tracker for Afghanistan (DevTracker) – including steering bi-annual data entry rounds and conducting workshops
- Analysis and preparation of DevTracker data for reporting purposes as well as internal and external PR products in close coordination with an international expert
- (Ad-hoc) Advisory on context- and conflict-sensitive Results-Based monitoring to GIZ Afghanistan projects
- Develop and implement RBM system for the M&E capacity development projects
- Other tasks requested by the superior
The M&E Advisor will support the MEC Team Leader with administrative affairs of project management on M&E capacity development.
- Support MEC partners to understand GIZ contracting instruments and procedures.
- Responsible for recording and documenting training days consultant working days both in MEC and also in partner organizations which are in cooperation with MEC.
- Support the partner organizations on administrative affairs of running a smooth financing agreement.
Other tasks requested by the superior
You are kindly requested to send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] including M&E Advisor in the subject line of the application.