• Bachelor degree in related field (master degree in related field will be prefer)
• Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
• Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in national NGOs
• Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in National or international organizations
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating humanitarian projects
• Knowledge of humanitarian/ livelihood challenges and opportunities
• Knowledge of Computer
• Knowledge of participatory research methods
• Knowledge of contextual diversity of various areas of Afghanistan
• Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
• Data collection and management
• Analytical and research skills
• Good command over report writing in English
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
Duties & Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M&E Coordinator) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects in provincial center and some key districts as mentioned above. The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. M&E of the projects will be an assessment as well as support function hence the partner and program teams will get support through M&E findings in enhancing flow of information and its management. The incumbent will play role in promoting of key learning for the improvement of the project and for wider leaning of the mission.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To supervise and collect regular data through team members during all activities and by himself during M&E visits and ensure quality of the data by random verification and validations
• To record manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
• To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
• Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager Program Manager and Partners.
• Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to project monitoring and evaluation principles
• Support team in conducting baseline surveys and KAP surveys when needed.
• Support project team in developing the activity monthly annual and six monthly project reports.
• Support project team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
• Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects and consulting with program team and partners
• Coordinate with team members for collecting data against agreed indicators
• Engage with project team to collect and manage essential data
• Ensure quality of data collected by project team
• Provide feedback to project and program teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
• Assist Manager in building capacity of the project team on Planning Monitoring and Evaluation
• Assist Manager in designing coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
• Assist Manager in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
• Assist Manager in conducting Program Data Review
Reporting and Documentation
• Assist Manager in developing quarterly six-month and annual reports
• Develop and share field visit reports with relevant project staff
• Achieve Data and key reports
• Assist Manager during plan and budget monitoring
• Assist Manager in reviewing project plans during P&B process
• Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans
• Update the source of the data on regular basis
Learning and Sharing
• Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
• Support project team in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their assignments
• Promote culture of learning in the organization
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – [email protected] Supplementary documents - degrees certificates etc. - should not be sent at this stage.
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 7/December/2020 before 12:00 AM. And clearly indicate the vacancy number and job title (MEAL Coordinator/412) in their email subject line. Otherwise their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.