Monitoring & Verification Officer Expired
Monitoring & Verification Officer
|Title:||Monitoring & Verification Officer|
|Category:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-07-22-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F |About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||2 Years|
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agriculture, Statistics and or Business Administration.
· Master degree holders will be given preferences.
· Have at least 2 years of demonstrated work experience in a field related to monitoring of rural development, livelihoods and agriculture & or development projects ;
· Good communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues, farmers and community members;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Good data collection, analytical and writing skills.
· Be computer literate in Microsoft’s packages (MS word, MS power point, MS excel) Have good writing and verbal skills in English and the local language spoken in the target province.
· The candidate shall be willing to travel to target districts of Kandahar under CARD-F Projects
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Verification Officer will work under the supervision of Central M&E Unit at HQ Office and will constantly liaise with M&E team in all matter related to implementation of the project. He will mainly be responsible for monitoring of on-going project implementation. Detailed responsibilities of the Monitoring and Verification Officer are as following:
• Collect baselines information on all CARD-F supported beneficiaries / agriculture enterprises;
• Monitor achievement of project results against project results plans;
• Conduct regular monitoring of project implementation activities and accordingly provide feedback to the project / provincial managers and report to the central M&E Unit.
• Identify and report wider projects benefits (crowding-in, copying & success stories).
• Conduct regular field visits to capture and report all issues (technical, social or others) related to CARD-F or its projects and report to the central M&E Unit immediately;
• Follow up on the previously reported issues and update to the central M&E Unit accordingly;
• Identify, monitor and report all (existing and new) project risks and propose mitigation actions;
• Develop and maintain risk logs for all projects and update them on monthly basis;
• Collect data and provide true, timely and accurate information from the field as per the instructions received or M&E plan provided Central M&E Unit;
• Develop survey plans under the supervision of central M&E Unit for conducting Establishment, Operation & Training surveys;
• Review and check the accuracy of data & information prior to entering data to the central M&E database;
• In collaboration with the provincial manager, facilitate beneficiary monitoring exercises;
• Help beneficiaries to record all income and expenditures using the beneficiary record books and ensure that record books are kept up-to-date at all time.
• Verify invoices / works of suppliers and or grantees against final approved BoQs & signed supply / grant agreements and report to the central M&E Unit on the issues and /or missing items;
• Verify the project implementation progress reports (delivery of activities and results against the project implementation plans);
• Verify supplier’s invoices within the deadline and follow up for resolution in case any problem or discrepancy arises;
• Conduct regular field visits to verify delivery of trainings, extension services and other project related activities;
• Develop and maintain a sound and up-to-date filing system (hard & soft) for CARD-F data and reports;
• Prepare monthly M&V report based on the predesigned template and share it with the central M&E Unit by 5th of each month;
• Develop ad hoc reports based on the need and instruction of the central M&E Unit.
• Through Central M&E Unit, coordinate, liaise and cooperate with communication unit for promoting information sharing (success stories) on all aspects related to CARD-F activities and results among stakeholders;
• Coordinate and cooperate with the central M&E Unit on any M&E related matters as well as for leaves and absences from the office;
• Coordinate with the provincial manager on matters related to leaves, absence from the office, field visit and any other administrative issue;
• Abide by all rules, policies and procedures of CARD-F provincial offices;
• Comply with and implement all CARD-F M&E policies, procedures, principles and processes;
• Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the role and level of this job as may be assigned by central M&E Unit.
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Preferably, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to Email address given below
Please Specify only VA number (CARD-F/KDR/44/16) in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only Application Form, Your CV and Cover letter
By Hard Copy:
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of Employment Application Form, your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Candidates from Kandahar province will be given preference:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.