National Protection Program Associate Expired
National Protection Program Associate
|Title:||National Protection Program Associate|
|Exp.:||2016-01-25-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||UN Women Afghanistan/EVAW | About UN Women Afghanistan/EVAW|
|Work Experience:||4 Years|
Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong and proven integrity, time management and work prioritization skills;
• Understanding of UN WOMEN procedures, rules and regulations an asset;
• Capacity to take initiatives and work both independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated sensitivity, discretion, tact and courtesy in relation to gender equality and women’s rights, development principles and projects, implementing partners, and national and international personnel of varied nationalities and backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English and Dari and/or Pashtu
Commitment to upholding the organizational values and principles of UN Women Afghanistan.
• A proven ability to liaise with a myriad of stakeholders and partners, including government, civil society, international organizations and grassroots organizations
• Ability to travel inside the country.Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Sharia, Human Rights, Social Science, Management, Public Administration, Organizational Development or related field, with four years of relevant experience or High School degree with six years of relevant working experience
• Familiarity with international instruments pertaining to human rights, particularly women’s rights;
• Ability and experience in working with a variety of development partners, preferably those working on EVAW or women-related programs
• Understanding of women’s rights issues within an Islamic context
• Experience preparing reports, note-taking, and general document management.
• Computer skills (Ms. Office, internet and mailing), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
Fluency in professional written and speaking English and local language Dari and/or Pashto
Duties & Responsibilities
The Protection Program Associate will support the EVAW pillar activities related to:
1) Providing grants to women protection centers 2) Support to Ministry of Women’s Affairs in coordination and monitoring of WPC works; and 3) Support the process of engagement of EVAW Special Fund Advisory Board members in the area of women’s protection. The function is focused in contributing to building sustained capacity within the government and civil society addressing violence against women and ensuring protection mechanisms are properly in placed and accessible to the women of Afghanistan. She will support advocacy and technical support to women protection centers through Ministry of Women’s Affairs, and facilitate initiatives aiming at building the capacity of service providers in the area of women protection including the civil society organizations.
Under the overall guidance of the UN Women EVAW Pillar Deputy Program Manager and direct supervision of the Protection Officer, the post will serve as support staff for the Pillar’s daily responsibilities in relation to women protection; addressing the implementation of the EVAW law and the WPC’s Regulation as part of the program activities of the EVAW Pillar including planning, implementation and reporting of the mentioned tasks, providing administrative and technical assistance in management of the grants provided to implementing partners including monitoring of the implementation of the project, supporting the preparation of annual and periodic reports of the EVAW pillar. The post will closely work with the international EVAW Specialist..
The post is also responsible for ensuring its outputs are : (i) compliant with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) contributing to effective systems to support program delivery and growth; (iii) accountable to organizational values and principles; (iv) and contribute to an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized.
Key Results Expected:
Support EVAW Pillar in management of women protection programme
• Assist EVAW Pillar in planning and management of protection grants implemented by civil society implementing partners
• Support the EVAW pillar in administration of call for proposals
• Receive, analyze and summarize quarterly and annual progress reports from implementing partners and provide necessary feedback for improvements
• Maintain an up-to-date database of NGO grantees, applicants, other NGOs and stakeholders
• Assist in conducting capacity building trainings for MoWA/DoWAs and protection implementing partners.
• Assist in organizing and documenting internal and external meetings
• Support provision of technical and financial support to MoWA Women Protection Directorate including supervision of legal and protection advisors.
Support monitoring and reporting of the women protection programme
• Assist the M&E Officer in planning and implementation of women protection programme M&E activities
• Conduct monitoring visits to Women Protection Centres.
• Support M&E Officer in overseeing the implementation of third party monitoring plan.
• Support EVAW Pillar in providing technical and financial support to MoWA’s Women Protection Directorate in coordination and monitoring of Women Protection Centers.
• Contribute to the preparation of quarterly, annual and donor reports
Provide administrative support to the EVAW Pillar
• Support communication with EVAW Special Fund partners and members
• Support documentation of the decisions of the EVAW Special Fund Advisory Board
• Administer the EVAW SF email address and facilitate communication with partners and stakeholders
• Process advances to protection IPs, in accordance with UN Women policy and internal control framework.
• Tracking of outstanding advances and prompt follow up of overdue Financial Reports.
• Review of Financial Reports received, review expenditure against source documents maintained by the protection IPs and raise any significant issues with the supervisor for resolution.
• Maintain proper filing systems of programme activities.
• Any other tasks assigned by management.
| The application process comprises a one-page cover letter explaining the interest and suitability for this position as well as the UN P-11 (CV). Interviewing will follow for short-listed candidates.|
All interested candidates should apply online through the mentioned link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.