Poultry Extension Agent Expired
Poultry Extension Agent
|Title:||Poultry Extension Agent|
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-10-09-(2 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F | About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||2 Years|
· University degree in the field of Agriculture with specialization in animal husbandry or veterinary sciences;
· Specialization in Poultry disciplines is desirable.
· Minimum two years experience in poultry or agriculture projects. Experience in Poultry projects will be given preference;
· Have a good knowledge of communities and villages in Kandahar province;
· Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
· Well organised, with the ability to properly record and store data;
· Committed and punctual, both in the office and in field activities;
· Have a basic understanding of the English language.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Poultry Extension Agent will work under the direct supervision of the Poultry Specialist and overall supervision of the Provincial/Project Manager and Poultry Officer to perform the following duties:
· Take active part in the grantee identification and selection process,
· Site visit and site verification of all applicants who apply for poultry related grants and make sure that the criteria for site selection is met,
· Take leading role in supervision of the poultry farms during the construction,
· Support poultry officer in provide poultry management, disease prevention and management and marketing trainings to grantees,
· Provide information to poultry grantees about poultry feeding and drinking, vaccination and medication requirements,
· Provide constant extension services to poultry grantees,
· Collect necessary data from the poultry farms,
· Take active participation in data collection, sorting and analysing,
· Provide support to grantees in the poultry farm management,
· Perform any other relevant tasks as may be assigned by the Poultry Officer or the provincial/Project Manager.
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to:
Please Specify only VA number (CARD-F/AFG/KDR/61/15) in the subject line of your Email
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Candidates from Kandahar province will be given preference: