Poultry Officer Expired
|Duration:||1 year (with possibility of extension)|
|Exp.:||2016-05-27-(3 Yearss Ago)|
|Organization:||CARD-F |About CARD-F|
|Work Experience:||4 Years|
Bachelor degree (from a recognized educational institution) in poultry, veternary sciences, animal husbandary or relevant field. Masters degree in the mentioned disciplines would be given preference.
· Minimum 4 years of experience at Officer level positions in the field of poultry.
· Experience in the areas of poultry faming such as broiler, breeder and hatchery establishment, poultry related diseases, poultry management, and poultry marketing is required.
· Experience in designing and implementing large scale poultry projects is required.
· Strong writing skills and analytical skills are required.
· Familiarity in conducting production level analysis, market analysis, and poultry processing/ marketing analysis is desirable.
· Fluency in English: expected to work independently using the language required, to prepare a variety of written communications (correspondence, reports, working papers, etc.), and to participate actively in meetings and in work related discussions.
· The applicant should have sound knowledge of working with communities and the dynamics of implementing development projects in rural areas;
· Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
· Possess strong report writing, proposal drafting and analytical capabilities;
· Well organized, and ability to properly record and store data;
· Have a strong understanding of the English language and local languages.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Poultry Officer will be based in Logar provincial Office and will work under the direct supervision of the Logar provincial/project manager and close coordination with Project Implementation Coordinators and other technical specialist in Logar Office.
Detailed responsibilities of the Poultry Officer are as following:
· Provide timely advice and technical input on all matters related to poultry components of Logar project being implemented through CARD-F Implementation Unit. The technical input may range from developing specifications, training materials, verifying poultry designs and farm construction, to the implementation of poultry related projects in the field;
· Provide technical oversight during implementation of poultry projects to ensure the work is progressing as per the approved technical design and agreed time line;
· Supervise, mentor and support poultry team in the implementation of poultry projects and provide them on the job trainings as and when needed;
· Involve in the management, oversight, coordination, grants disbursement and monitoring of poultry projects in Logar;
· Guide the poultry team and contribute in collecting poultry related data, analysing it, preparing reports and proposing recommendations for improving the project implementation;
· Ensure that implementation of poultry projects is done in accordance with the approved design and specifications;
· Ensure that project implementation activities are coordinated with other stakeholders to promote synergies and avoid overlaps;
· Prepare technical reports, concept papers, project implementation plans, and other technical documents needed for project implementation;
· Provide support to selected farmers and entrepreneurs concerning the design, layout, manufacturing and installation of poultry farms such as layer farm, broiler farm, breeder farm, hatchery and feed mill;
· Coordinate closely with suppliers of poultry projects to ensure the supply takes place in a timely manner and as per the agreed specifications;
· Provide timely advice for solving local technical poultry issues where possible and report the ongoing problems including outbreaks of diseases and poultry mortality to the management for quick decision making;
· Be able to travel frequently to the project sites in different districts where CARD-F projects are implemented;
Undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the provincial manager/project manager/implementation coordinator.
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
Ideally, you should apply electronically by completing the CARD-F Employment Application Form plus your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to:
You can download the Employment Application Form from (http://cardf.gov.af/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=338 )
Please specify only and only vacancy number (CARD-F/LGR/24/16) in the subject line of your Email
DO NOT attach any other documents and certificates only Application Form, Your CV and Cover letter
By Hard Copy
Alternatively, you may submit a hard copy of Employment Application Form, your CV and a one-page covering letter in an envelope marked “Confidential”. Please note clearly on the envelope the VA number and position for which you are applying for. The envelope should be addressed to:
Senior HR Officer
CARD-F Office, Evergreen Building, Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock, Kart-e-Sakhi Square, Jamal Meena, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Candidates from Logar province will be given preference: