• Ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently and visit market and different vendors and shops
• High School or equivalent
Desired Experience and Skills
• 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position with national or international organizations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Pashto and/or Dari
• Good computer skills including competence in word processing internet/e-mail.
• Negotiation skills
Willingness to travel in-country required specifically within Kabul city. Travel time may be up to
Duties & Responsibilities
Summary Scope of Work:
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for the duties and tasks relating to procurement of goods and
services within the UHI project. He will be responsible for identifying potential vendors in the market
and get quotations in the market for any procurement threshold as identified by the line manager. He
ensures that the vendor and contractor receives right specifications and delivers the items in accordance
with the approved delivery schedule. He will also work closely with logistics assistant and other
departments and program staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager the Procurement Assistant will;
• Be responsible for micro purchases
• Manage advance for items to be purchased under micro threshold and clear the advance payment on
time and as soon as possible
• Taking responsibility for inspecting goods upon receipt and complete GRN and get the required
• Complies with the Jhpiego procedures and regulations
• Closely working with finance admin logistics inventory officers and assistant.
• Process purchase requisitions / orders as needed.
• Draft RFQ and other paper works related to procurement.
• Keep and file all the vendors and procurement related files.
2 of 1| P a g e
• Assist in the development of specifications for equipment materials and services to be purchased.
Other tasks as identified by the supervisor
Tasks stated above are indicative only. Due to the complex operating environment the tasks are
subject to substantial change to respond to the needs of the project and/or organization.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: paid vacation holidays and sick leave and more.
Send resumes to [email protected] . For further information about Jhpiego visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application will not be considered . The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!