Project Director Expired
|Exp.:||2018-08-16-(6 Months Ago)|
|Organization:||Save the Children | About Save the Children|
|Education:||Masters degree in relevant field with four years of experience or Bachelors degree with six year|
|Work Experience:||at least 5 related experience Years|
· Being a medical doctor and graduated from recognized medical faculty
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package especially Excel Outlook PowerPoint and Word
· Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto both written and spoken
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Supervisory team worker analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Experience of planning reporting and budgeting
· Honest proactive and well mannered
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Masters degree in relevant field with four years of experience or Bachelors degree with six years of experience
· BPHS and EPHS experience will be an additional asset
· Familiarity with geographical context
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced stressful environment
· Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCI/AYSO environment
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health &Safety and Security
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures and our Global Security policy and procedures.
Compliance policies: Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Fraud
The post holder is required to comply with these key policies and other organisational policies and procedures at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Director will lead the BPHS and EPHS program in Daikundi province and is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the BPHS and EPHS program. He/ She is responsible to ensure that all project activities are implemented in accordance with the donor and organization policies and procedures. The Project Director is will monitor overall achievements of the program against agreed goals and targets.
· To provide leadership to the project management and to keep clarity of vision and direction throughout the various implementation processes and to encourage a participatory style of management and to build a team spirit to maximize the effectiveness of the management process.
· To ensure annual planning budgeting implementation and follow up of the project Work Plan and other detailed action plan.
· To strengthen coordination among BPHS/EPHS Management Team members including regular meetings and other coordination events to ensure timely and quality implementation of project.
· To supervise capacity building plan and oversee its implementation mechanism.
· To organize needs assessments surveys and evaluation at provincial level.
· To conduct monitoring and supportive supervision of all on going health projects to make sure that the project work plan is being implementing in the right manner.
· To make sure that MoPH and SCI/AYSO established policies procedures are available and being implemented.
· Ability to identify problems/Weaknesses and find out immediate ad suitable solutions.
· To promote gender orientation and an attitude of team spirit.
· Responsible for drafting internal annual work-plan and phased budget for the project.
· To enhance the professional and managerial skills of the Health team at Provincial level.
· Ensure timely and quality monthly and quarterly report of program activities to Health Program Unit MoPH and Kabul Management Office.
· Make sure proper and smooth implementation of the vertical projects.
· Responsible for quality control of the medical equipment and other medical supplies procured.
· Represent SCI/AYSO health program in relevant workshops taskforces and meetings at provincial level or as designated by Kabul offices.
· Coordinate all BPHS/EPHS related activities at provincial level with other stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach of health program implementation.
· In collaboration with Procurement & Supply Chain Manager and Pharmacy Manager at Kabul office ensures the timely provision and supply of the health commodities to health facilities.
· The Project Director has budget holder responsibilities for all health projects including BPHS and EPHS and is directly in charge to the financial means requested and disbursed for implementing the project activities. Therefore he should be proficient in budget management (including Budget Follow Up) carefully review and control all order forms and invoices that he is signing.
· Responsible for project proposal and project expenses base on the project budgets and work plan.
· Work closely with technical Admin/HR and finance teams in the development of SCI/AYSO program.
· Preparation revision and follow up of the phased project budget and work plan.
· Approve and attest expenses of the Project in accordance to SCI/AYSO Financial rule ad regulation.
Competence development/training tasks
· To assist the BPHS Technical Manager Health Supervisor/Trainer and MCH unit for appropriate assessment allocation of training Sessions curriculum development and implementation of the training.
Tasks of inter organizational relation
· To arrange meetings with project staff to solve upcoming problems in the field.
· To participate in workshops seminars & conference organized by the SCI/AYSO management.
· Promotes good coordination with other SCI/AYSO projects.
Tasks of relation with external agencies
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities UN agencies NGOs and other stakeholders.
· Maintain good cooperative relation with the local and provincial authorities UN agencies.
· Collaborate with Provincial Health Directorate and other locally active agencies to co-ordinate the health activities in the Province through PHCC meetings.
· Participate in coordination meeting with UN NGOs and government NGOs and Other stakeholders.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources efficiently achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
· Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children engages and motivates others.
· Future oriented thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with own team colleagues at both national and regional level members donors and partners.
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable good listener easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest encourages openness and transparency.
· Always acts in the best interests of children.
Qualified candidates may send their Application including