|Exp.:||2020-05-06-(4 Days From now)|
|Salary:||As per NTA Grade (B)|
|Organization:||State Ministry for Martyrs & Disabled Affairs | About State Ministry for Martyrs & Disabled Affairs|
|Education:||Bachelor ( Masters will be preferred)|
|Work Experience:||7 Years|
● Master’s degree in the field of information technology information management or computer sciences with 05 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned discipline with 07 years of relevant experience
● Experience with biometric registration projects in Afghanistan is strongly preferred
● Project management experience is required
● Possess advanced skills in MS-access MS SQL server MS-WORD MS-EXCEL.
● In dept knowledge of ICT information management and GIS systems are essential.
● Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
● Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
● At least two years of work and experience with Microsoft Access and visual basic programming database tables forms and queries is required
● Experience with disability support programs is highly desired
● Ability to travel to different locations within Afghanistan is required
● Experience with multicultural environments is desired
● Good working knowledge of both written and spoken English as well as fluency in Dari and Pashtu is required
Duties & Responsibilities
MMD in disbursement of financial benefits to heirs of martyrs and (MMD) recipients which includes registration of new MD cases recertification of current cases assignment of benefits and coordination with other line ministries; Collecting aggregated reports from the 33 MD provincial offices in addition to the Kabul province which is managed by the central M & D offices.
The ‘Electronic Registration of Heirs of Martyrs and People with Disability’ project will implement an e-management system at the State Minister office for Martyrs and Disability Affairs (MMD) to simplify business processes and to ensure transparency accountability and effectiveness in the registration and service delivery to persons with disability which is one of the top priorities of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA).
In the current paper-based system all existing registrations for disability and martyrdom related benefits are stored as hard copies across various registration centers in the country which are not only difficult and ineffective to handle but the format also makes the detection of duplicate registrations impossible. This means that the double or triple pension payments to the same person are not detected leading to a constant financial loss. Moreover due to the lack of a centralized database the exact number of martyred and people with disability is unknown at the national level which makes resource allocation to the required services inefficient and difficult.
On the beneficiary side a large part of the population is not aware of the available services and as such do not benefit from any of the available support.
The Ministry of Martyrs and Disability Affairs (MMD) initiated a reform through the installation of a biometric data verification system for persons with disability on central level. However the data entry process has been too slow and in its current form it is expected to take a long time to enter around 300 000 records in Kabul followed by data entry in each province individually.
As a response to these challenges this project will install more facilities and roll out the biometric registration process into 34 provinces (including Kabul) through a nationwide awareness campaign. The project will build on the progress made
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to o the Director of Verification and Bio-metrics at the State Minister’s Office for Martyrs and Disability The Project Manager will be responsible for overall management of project including planning organizing managing and controlling activities.
Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive Senior Users and Senior Suppliers) client and key stakeholders
Delivery and Performance:
Develop and maintain project plans
Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with
ii.End Stage Reports
iii.Operational Closure Checklist
iv.End Project Report
Maintain the following: i. Project Documentation; ii. Procurement HR and Finance files as required
Assist with the development and implementation of knowledge management initiatives within the organization in order to develop and maintain a culture of knowledge sharing.
Lead and motivate the project management team
● Manage coordinate and maintain a high standard for the State Ministry for Martyrs and Disability Affairs ICT Infrastructure disability information system and biometric network capabilities at national and provincial level.
● Coordinate and manage the biometric registration activities of provincial offices level.
● Liaison with all relevant military civil society and other organizations to mobilize all persons with disability and the heir of martyrs for biometric registration.
● Coordinate the installation of the biometric system developing the database and making sure that the overall system is operational and meets the needs of biometric standards for Afghanistan as set by the National Statistical and Information Authority (NSIA)
● Liaise with end users - such as the Deputy State Minister’s Office for Military M&D Deputy State Minister’s Office for Civilian M&D the Directorate of M&D Social and Economic Support and the Directorate of Service Organizing and Social Support - on their information/data need and ensure that the database satisfies these requirements.
● Work closely with the ICT section to ensure the operational functionality of the MoMD ICT infrastructure in support of the organizational requirements.
● Develop maintain and monitor standard working procedures for Biometric Data Registration and data use.
● On a periodic basis visit all provincial offices to ensure a high level of functionality and quality of Biometric Database functions.
● Perform regular checks of the entered data to ensure data completeness integrity and quality.
Interested & qualified candidates should submit their applications along with curriculum vitae (CV) to ([email protected]) The subject line of the email must be (Project Manager VN. 050MMD) otherwise your application may not be considered for further steps. No other document is needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply