Project Officer (Institutional WASH focal point) Expired
Project Officer (Institutional WASH focal point)
|Title:||Project Officer (Institutional WASH focal point)|
|Exp.:||2018-10-24-(6 Months Ago)|
|Salary:||As per NTA Salary Scale|
|Organization:||Ru-WatSIP/MRRD | About Ru-WatSIP/MRRD|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering Project management. (Master’s degree will be an advantage)|
|Work Experience:||Four (4) progressively responsible professio Years|
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering Project management. (Master’s degree will be an advantage).
Good verbal and written communication in Dari/Pashtu and English are required
Good analytical negotiating communication and advocacy skills report writing skills are required.
The Project Officer (Institutional WASH focal point) will report to the Project Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the construction of water supply and sanitation projects in schools with MoE DoE PRRD and UNICEF at national and sub-national level.
· Coordinate the construction of water supply and sanitation projects in Health Centers with MoPH DoPH PRRD and UNICEF at national and sub-national level.
· Review the design and BoQ of latrines and water supply facilities prepared for the schools and Health Centers.
· Conduct bi-weekly/monthly and quarterly meetings with MoE MRRD and UNICEF for effective school WASH coordination.
· Visit the selected schools and Health Centers so that they are in line with the WASH policy/guideline and the proposed facilities for the institutions are justifiable and have complete Database for selected schools.
· Ensure quality implementation of activities through frequent field visits and close supervision and monitoring of (WinS projects).
· Prepare monitoring reports/ mission reports of the visited project sites. Through frequent interaction with counterparts discuss appropriate and practical issues in regard to improvement of water and sanitation technology infrastructure in schools as part of capacity building of CDCs/DDAs.
Facilitate Training and orientation of CDCs DDAs RRDs and DoEs on using of the water supply and sanitation facilities and delivery system and hygiene promotion practices leading to behavior changes for controlling diarrhea and other communicable diseases.
Support selection and training of social mobilization for creation of demand for hygiene practices (sanitation) through NGOs or RRDs in the selected villages.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through [email protected]
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (831/018/HRCSD/Ru-WatSIP/MRRD) in Subject while applying online. Application without vacancy number will not be accepted.
The Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is highly committed to increase women’s participation in government sector therefore women are highly encouraged to apply.