A Bachelor degree in Horticulture / Agriculture or related discipline from recognized university with 4 years of relevant experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator and overall supervision of the National Horticulture Coordinator the Provincial Coordinator will do the following;
Provide enough guidance to Extension Workers and Farmers to carry out the activities of NHLP
• Support farmers to select knowledgeable and trustable farmers as farmer trainer.
• Provide guidance and supervision support on the Farmer Field school related activities. In addition the Provincial Coordinator should also contribute and support the establishment of the CIG and preparation of the ESMPs.
• Prepare schedule of training program for his province.
• Close liaison with Monitoring &valuation; Soil and Water Management Integrated Pest Management Environmental Social Safeguard Framework Gender and Capacity Building components of NHLP.
• Liaise regularly with Provincial Agriculture Director of MAIL.
• Provide close collaboration on NHLP activities with Provincial Agriculture Directors of MAIL especially DAIL extension unit and extension worker and contribute to building their capacity.
• Hold regular team meetings with Extension Officers to discuss common experience and problems.
• Provincial Coordinators support Extension Workers in identifying members and farming Farmer Groups in collaboration with CDC or Shura.
• Monitor Farmer Field School Common Interest Groups FSC activities.
• Train Extension Workers
• Support ongoing communications with Shura/CDC and other regional or provincial organizations with an interest in the agriculture sector including other donor funded projects and stake holders.
• Any other task assigned by the senior supervisors.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Must be able to travel in the province where NHLP operates
• Must be fluent in English and the local languages
• Impartial in selection of beneficiaries and other activities should not indulge in any political activity.
• It is preferable that Provincial Coordinators should be residents of the operating areas with enough knowledge of the area with the crops in the area
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions • Subject line must be Provincial Coordinator (MAIL-062-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered • No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email • Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.