• Interfacing regularly with GIRoA officials and maintaining positive productive relationships with Directorates Coordination Committees Provincial and District Governors and their respective councils representatives of line Ministries District Development Assemblies and Community Development Councils (CDC) as required.
• Maintaining regular and professional communication with community representatives providing assistance in solving any technical or social problems which may arise from activities implemented by the program and coordinate fieldwork.
• Ensuring strong coordination and collaboration with related Implementing Partners and other related stakeholders.
• Interfacing with the Regional Director.
• Act as the main contact for the program for inter-agency coordination meetings meetings with local authorities and all other relevant coordination/information mechanisms.
• Attend other meetings when delegated by the Regional Director or Chief of Party.
Management and Administration
• The provincial coordination will directly report to the regional Director per their respective region.
• Oversee the overall operation sound implementation coordination and management of programmatic activities in the provincial office’s area of operation.
• Oversee all capacity building and communication activities as required.
• Review and analyzes nomination form to ensure proper follow on assistance are recommended
• Ensure all USAID rules regulations and Blumont policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensure efficient and effective project implementation to meet goals and objectives Work Plan Program Management Plan targets and success indicators.
• Ensure corrective actions are taken for deviations identified by the technical teams.
• Ensuring high quality reporting and analytical contributions to weekly monthly quarterly and annual reports.
• Ensure quality program implementation paying particular attention to documenting best practices.
• Ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations as well as program policies and procedures.
• Ensure efficient and effective implementation of the beneficiary database and compliance with standard procedures related to field input and reporting.
• Oversee the work of program sub-contractors operating in their area.
• Motivate regional staff to work together efficiently.
• Ensure maintenance of files and implementation of the program’s General Instructions guidelines for managing correspondence and/or documents financial vouchers and documents personnel correspondence and documents and any other documents related to the management of the office.
• Closely coordinate with the M&E staff in the Regional and Kabul HQ offices on issues results and compliance of sub-contractors working on implementation
• Support project staff during project implementation.
• Maintain close contact with sub-contractors and community liaison staff to provide assistance in solving any technical and social problems which may arise during implementation.
• Execute random field inspections at least once a week or as required.
• Facilitate the work of local teams on various levels.
• Coordinate staff field work as required and report problems and challenges faced.
• Lead field-level research activities.
• Conduct random checks on staff to ensure they are doing their jobs properly.
• Communicate to the regional and Kabul HQ offices project progress and outcomes of field activities.
• Propose policies and procedures to senior management to improve the results of implementation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum of three years of professional work experience as a team leader on development programs in complex and dynamic work environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in international development or another relevant field.
• Experience interacting with senior government officials in politically sensitive environments.
• Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects and knowledge of USAID policies strategies and regulations.
• QA/QC and M&E experience.
• Excellent communication skills in local languages. Good spoken and written English skills preferred.
• Independent self-starter capable of following guidance and transforming it into actions.
• Excellent interpersonal relationships in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams.
This position will be expected travel up to 40%.
Normal Office Conditions (90%)
Must be physically able: (i) to function for extended periods of time wearing personal protective body armor weighing approximately 35 pounds and a helmet weighing approximately 5 pounds; (ii) to walk comfortably over rough terrain; and (iii) to ascend up to six flights of stairs on a daily basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Provincial Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all activities implemented from the Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) Provincial Office are implemented according to USAID and Blumont procedures.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail indicating on the SUBJECT line the title Location and vacancy number of the position applied for to [email protected] Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.