|Title:|| Psychosocial Counselor|
|Duration:||6 months (with extension possibility)|
|Exp.:|| 2021-06-20-(3 Days From now)|
|Salary:||As per organization salary scale|
|Organization:|| Youth Health and Development Organization (YHDO) | About Youth Health and Development Organization (YHDO)|
|Education:||University degree in psychology or social services|
|Work Experience:||Experience working on human rights and access to j Years|
- University degree in psychology or social services
- Experience working on human rights and access to justice related projects ideally with children At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge about children’s mental health and child psychology
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Pashto Dari and English language
- Able to work late hours and on irregular schedule if required
- Able to provide project progress reports on/before its due time and upon any further request by the immediate supervisor
- Respect of confidentiality and sense of security
Duties & Responsibilities
YHDO is looking for a Psychosocial counsellor who will be responsible for performing the below mentioned responsibilities.
Overall Responsibility: Follow-up on the mental health status and wellbeing of clients (children’s) visiting districts of Balkh province.
- Performs assessment and counselling services to children utilizing appropriate protocols and guidelines
- Elicits trauma related histories according to presenting symptoms
- Provide counseling for adolescents and children victims of human rights violation (human trafficking sexual abuse)
- Assist in developing IEC materials regarding children’s mental wellbeing
- Conduct a regular follow up of abuse/exploitation cases registered
- Provide individual and/or group counselling session
- Organize training session on stress management and other related issues for staff at the center
- Keep daily record in a confidential and safe manner
- Prepare daily and monthly report for direct supervisor
- Referral of clients to external structures if needed and agreed with YHDO management
- Ensure high quality of psychosocial services within the shelter
- Perform any other tasks in line with the job description and assigned by direct supervisor.
Please indicate the Position Title and Vacancy Number in subject of your email and application otherwise your application will not be considered
Please send your CV and application to : [email protected]
|Email:|| [email protected]|